cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also agree that O2 is being very slow in shipping pre orders compared to the other networks.

When I was in the O2 store last week the guy informed me that pre orders will more than likely be shipped on the 28th, this is due to them making sure that their carrier software is working correctly. Maybe this might be the reason O2 are so slow at releasing the phone or they just don't have the stock.

To top off the wait I received an email from O2 saying 

"It's been a few weeks since you shopped with us. We'd love to hear what you think about your new Sony Xperia Z2 Black. Your feedback could end up on our website and help others make the right choice"

If I was to help others make the right choice I would advise them to go with other networks for new releases as O2 like to take their time. 

I will continue to wait patiently for the 28th if not before and hope that we all get our dispatched emails.

Message 21 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well in the tablet deal T&C's it says they can offer us a tablet of higher value if they want, well maybe they should let us get the tablet Z2 instead as a gesture of good will due too the delay with the handset? Certainly would make the wait worth it!

6. The Sony Tablet Z available under this offer is the Wifi only version (although we reserve the right to provide the more expensive mobile broadband connected version at our discretion).

Message 22 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking forward to getting my hands on this phone (and tablet), hopefully not long to wait now.

Other sites offer the same level of O2 Tarrif for cheaper, but once you factor in the cost of the Xperia Z tablet then going directly through O2 is a slightly better deal (if you want the tablet).

Message 23 of 1,043

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear kgd888,

If you get one, let us all know what you think of it slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 1,043

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi All,

We have a bit of an update for you. For our Z2 pre-orders we had always expected devices to be available and on-sale week commencing 28th April. We unfortunately haven't had a solid date until now, but we can confirm the devices will be available on 1st May.

For those who pre-ordered, looking forward to getting your hands on it? What are you looking forward to most about it?

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 25 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait to ditch my S3 for this!

@Chris_K For online orders, does this mean they'll be delivered on the 1st May (dispatched before)?

Message 26 of 1,043

Robsa
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So despatched a week tomorrow, that means we wont get it until a week friday?  Gutted, I'm reading about people picking theirs up in shops now, like CPW.  I thought by pre-ordering I would get mine first.  How have CPW got stock before O2?  And the 'testing the software' excuse makes no sense as you can get an O2 Z2 from CPW right now.....

This is going to be an agonisingly long ten days......

Message 27 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although youve posted the 1st May update, the live chat advisor has just told me that it is still expected to be 28th April! Which is right? And are these dates the delivery dayes or despatch dates?

Message 28 of 1,043

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the information from @Chris_K above should be taken as the accurate reply

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 29 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am finding it hard to believe that O2 did not receive their stock from Sony at the same time as the other carriers and always had in mind the release date to be the 1st of May for pre-orders.

The annoying thing is I went into CPW today and they have 300 Z2's available in their warehouse that are not allocated to pre-orders and would be available for me to pick up in store this Friday with £100 cashback.

If it wasn't for the O2 refresh tarrif I would have gone for it and the monthly cost would have been cheaper for the same amount of minutes and data.

Looking forward to receivng my Z2 pre-order next week and hoping there will be no further delays come May 1st.
Message 30 of 1,043