cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z - Pre-order goes live today!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Given the excitement on the O2 Community and popularity elsewhere since our announcement, you'll be all pleased to know that Sony Xperia Z is live for pre-orders on O2 from today slight_smile

What's more? The first 1,000 pre-orders will receive Sony MDR-1rbt headphones worth £299 as a gift with their purchase wink The device actually launches on the 28th Feb (not too far, almost there!) Check out all the info here: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#brand=sony

NOTE: This is an online exclusive offer for new and upgrading Pay Monthly Consumer customers only. Black & Purple colours available.

Xperia Z.jpg

So, as it's a mega phone which will no doubt give a tough fight to all other high-end specs smartphones - what do you think about it's features? Water and dust-resistant body & 13meg camera and HDR video? (Deadly combination?!)

Cheers, Abs

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

All eyes on this device, this device seems to tick all the boxes, that a person should be looking for when buying a smart phone. I reckon the dust and the water resistant capability will be its top selling point.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I WANNN THAT
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran the gauntlet (three times) of trying to pre-order  only to come up against that last page notice "Your order caqnnot be processed".  That was  after all the process with my card payment had been done!   I went on to CHAT.  (a few times) They tried to be helpful but it was a dead-end result.  I waited a couple of days and hey-presto! I was able to place my order.  BUT.....I only knew it had gone through when I saw the money go from my bank.  No confirming email or text.

So, I telephoned sales.  They gave me my order number and told me that it was "in place".

No email confirmation to this date a week later (14/02/2013).   DESPITE ASKING FOR IT!

My advice on this experience is if you want it...KEEP TRYING!!!

Message 13 of 16

Rachel84
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey good evening, I'm not sure if anyone can help. I upgraded today (15th Feb) and preordered the xperia Z, but what I'm not sure about is if I'm one of the 1st 1000 customers to preorder so that il be able to recieve the headphones. 

I have received an email confirming my order and it states in the email I ordered the phone, plus a new contract and then it says free gift headphones and then says free delivery. 

Is this email confirmation that I will be getting the headphones or not? 

Thank you for help. 

Message 14 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If it's on the order I would say yes.

Keep the email safe.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Abs wrote:

Given the excitement on the O2 Community and popularity elsewhere since our announcement, you'll be all pleased to know that Sony Xperia Z is live for pre-orders on O2 from today slight_smile

What's more? The first 1,000 pre-orders will receive Sony MDR-1rbt headphones worth £299 as a gift with their purchase wink The device actually launches on the 28th Feb (not too far, almost there!) Check out all the info here: https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/#brand=sony

NOTE: This is an online exclusive offer for new and upgrading Pay Monthly Consumer customers only. Black & Purple colours available.

Xperia Z.jpg

So, as it's a mega phone which will no doubt give a tough fight to all other high-end specs smartphones - what do you think about it's features? Water and dust-resistant body & 13meg camera and HDR video? (Deadly combination?!)

Cheers, Abs

I preordered my phone based on this message 😞 unfortunately the headset was not MDR-1RBT as advertised here but MDR-1R which is a wired model MDR-1RBT is a wireless bluetooth headset

disappointed 

Message 16 of 16