Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 10 now available

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Screenshot 2019-02-25 at 15.13.27.png

Hi everyone, 

Sony unveiled earlier today the new Sony Xperia 10 with a 21:9 Wide display, and it's now available on an O2 Custom Plan! Here are a few reasons why this might just be the device for you: 

Take the cinema with you 
Catch up on the latest movies, without anyone blocking your view or crunching popcorn next to you. The 6 inch LCD FHD+ display is designed with film buffs in mind. It comes in a 21:9 ratio – the same format as most blockbuster movies. So the action will fill your whole screen. And you'll get the real cinema experience, without the compromises.

Up your photo game
From snapping a funny sign outside a café, to taking cute pictures of your pets, you share your day through your camera. So make sure it's capturing moments as you really see them. The Xperia 10 has dual rear cameras – so it'll take bright, clear snaps that'll impress your family and friends. You can even try out the bokeh effect if you're feeling creative.

Get lost in music
Nothing ruins a film like scratchy audio. That's why the Xperia 10 delivers High Resolution Audio, to bring your movies and TV series to life. More of a music buff? Pop on your favourite playlist and it'll sound like you're right there in the recording studio. That's because the LDAC streaming delivers crystal clear audio, even when you're listening wirelessly.

Keep your photos and passwords safe
Social media passwords. Online banking info. Family photos. Your phone is full of stuff you wouldn't want getting into the wrong hands. The Xperia 10 has a fingerprint sensor, so only you can get access to your content. And it's placed on the side of the phone, to make it even more convenient to use. The battery holds up to 24 hours of talk time, so you won't get cut off while you're watching movies or beating your high score. And it's got 64GB storage, so there's plenty of room for your apps and snaps.

If you want to upgrade from your existing phone or tablet you can receive a cash payment when you upgrade in-store or online at O2 Recycle!

What do you guys think of the Sony Xperia 10 and do you think you might want it as your next device? 

Don't forget as well our very own @Chris_K is as MWC this year, so if you'd like more photos or any info let us know, so we can try and find out! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Xperia 10, not X10.
X10 was like 2010 or something..

You guys should see the Xperia 1, thing is an immense beast of camera tech.
Message 2 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for spotting the typo @viridis, all corrected now! thumbsup

The Xperia 1 looks stunning as well . - what do you think of this one though? One to add to your extensive (if not exhaustive?) collection of Sony devices?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well, historically I did have the XA1 plus, and it was pretty good actually for a mid range device, the 10 series follows on from the XA series much like the XA series was a rethink and upgrade to the M series, not quite flagships, but carrying sub flagship features for much less price.
This one and it's bigger brother the 10 plus, carry all the bells and whistles that have been staple with the Z and XZ range of flagships.
You get the hi Res support, secure fingerprint, excellent battery life and optimisations, and a dual camera system with added optimisations for bokeh and dedicated portrait modes, and 4k recording to boot.
Not only that, but it's the first phone released using the new 21:9 aspect ratio for dedicated movie support and if all the agreements are in place, Netflix will be supporting this aspect ratio out the box on all movies filmed and streamed using the 21:9 ratio (nearly all modern films are recorded at 21:9)
Not only this, but the camera on 10 will support the 21:9 aspect ratio, allowing everyone to film great cinematic home movies.
I would buy one... But I have a different 1 coming.
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

"I would buy one... But I have a different 1 coming."

I suppose that's top secret @viridis? joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist lol
4k Cinealta rec BT.2020 HDR god dammit!!!
I mean you'll have to wait for review, but you guys don't even realise what the Xperia 1 has been tuned to.
Cinealta is the Sony cameras that make movies, it goes cybershot, alpha, Cinealta
Z had cybershot
Xz had alpha
1 has Cinealta tuning.
Gonna be mental!
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well it doesn't take a rocket scientist lol
4k Cinealta rec BT.2020 HDR god dammit!!!
I mean you'll have to wait for review, but you guys don't even realise what the Xperia 1 has been tuned to.
Cinealta is the Sony cameras that make movies, it goes cybershot, alpha, Cinealta
Z had cybershot
Xz had alpha
1 has Cinealta tuning.
Gonna be mental!

I will take your word for it...kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Well,
This is a basic model Cinealta,
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/898428-REG/Sony_PMW_F55_CineAlta_4K_Digital.html

$29,000????!!!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
No, it's £28,990
£29,000 would be excessive.
Message 10 of 12