Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Community Manager

Sony Xperia 1 - Out now!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

Good news for Sony enthusiasts: the new Sony Xperia 1 is available to purchase right now (and see here for Business) for O2 Customers in black and purple colours! Happy Dance

Sony Xperia 1 purple frontSony Xperia 1 purple backSony Xperia 1 black frontSony Xperia 1 black back

Be entertained like never before

The Sony Xperia 1 has the world’s first 4K OLED smartphone display, so you can enjoy a cinematic experience on your own phone. With the 21:9 CinemaWide 6.5 inch 4K HDR OLED display, compatible movies will fill the whole screen. And with Dolby Atmos sound, your audio will be loud and clear, to put you in the middle of the action.

Take pics like a pro

With the Xperia 1’s triple camera, you can take your photography to the next level. Capture every moment exactly as you see it, no matter where you are, day or night. And with Cinema Pro you can record cinematic movies that’ll blow your friends and family away.

Be ready for anything

The Xperia 1 is more than just a pretty face. With Corning Gorilla Glass 6, the durable design protects your phone from bumps and drops, while its IP65/68 water resistant rating keeps it safe from any freak weather and spills.

Enjoy a seamless experience

A cracked screen can ruin your day. But you don’t have to worry about your Xperia 1. It’s made with Corning Gorilla Glass 6, so it’s tough enough to survive your busy schedule. And it won’t cut out while you’re catching up with a friend or beating your high score. It’s got a 3300mAh battery, with talk time of up to 24 hours.

Recycle Your Device – save cash!

Recycling an old device through O2 Recycle, you can receive a cash payment when you upgrade. You can recycle in-store or online at O2 Recycle.

What do you think of this one guys - will you be getting it? Any specific features you're excited about? Smiley Happy

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 17-23 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 75

Re: Sony Xperia 1 now available to pre-order!

@Marjo wrote:

What do you think of this one guys - will you be getting it? 

Errrr,  yup.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Community Manager

@viridis wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

What do you think of this one guys - will you be getting it? 

Errrr,  yup.

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it when you've tried it out. wink

Which colour will you go for?

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 17-23 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 539

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
£54 at EE with 4gb and nothing free....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
Topics: 661

@viridis wrote:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
£54 at EE with 4gb and nothing free....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well they missed a trick there didn't they? laughing

*The Game Is On*

To be fair, they all have compared to the O2 deal

O2 Social Media Team

After a chat with @viridis behind the scenes... Looks like I might be hopping on the Sony train this time too!

Hi, I'm Chris from the O2 Social Media Team

Topics: 522

He can be very persuasive Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

They are extremely underrated,