Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia 1 II Launch

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Guys, the highly anticipated Sony Xperia 1 II will be available on O2. We have seen a few posts on here asking for the launch. The new Sony Xperia 1 II is built for speed, it has a powerful Snapdragon 865 processor and unbelievably quick camera autofocus. Plus, it’s ready for the 5th Generation with O2 5G.

But let’s see some more details why we and a lot of people on here were waiting for the Xperia 1 II …

sku-header-290520.png

Focus faster

The Xperia 1 II can capture things that were previously impossible on a smartphone. Developed with Sony’s Alpha camera engineers and built with Zeiss optics, the 12MP triple-lens system has up to 20fps continuous burst shooting, complete with autofocus and auto-exposure. You’ll never miss the moment.

Sounds incredible

It’s a well-known fact that Sony’s audio experts are among the best in the world – and they’ve had their hands on the Xperia 1 II. Enjoy cinema-quality Dolby Atmos sound when you’re watching a movie, and hear music in a new way with 360 Reality Audio, which is tuned in collaboration with Sony Music Entertainment.

A movie screen in your hand

If anyone knows screen technology, it’s Sony. The Xperia 1 II uses Sony’s Bravia HDR engine to bring you unrivalled clarity and detail. The 21:9 CinemaWide OLED display brings you movies in stunning cinema quality thanks to new motion blur reduction technology, and with 4K and HDR, you’ll see them exactly how they were made to be viewed.

And… if you pre-Order now you can claim a free pair of headphones worth £329.

PLEASE NOTE: Our pre-order promotion has been so popular that we have nearly sold out of our allocation of 1,750 Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. So any customer who pre-orders this device from us tomorrow morning aren't disappointed, from approx. 8am Tue 9 June 2020 we will change the offer to Sony WH910 headphones. More info.

unnamed.png

Let me know what you think of the Sony Xperia 1 II. Are you going to get it? Was it worth the wait? Post your thoughts below…

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Fingers crossed then @Chris_K  fingers_crossed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 50

Kfav1982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Pete58
Well I decided I couldn't wait any longer and ordered off giffgaff last night and it's arrived already. Just setting it up. Have to say it's weird being so tall compared to my Xperia x compact but I love it already. Feels more premium than mid range and it's so much faster than my current phone!
Message 32 of 50

Pete58
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Kfav1982 nice one if nothing on here next week then I will order off giffgaff, my brother is going to lend me his Xperia 10 over the w/end just to make sure I like the size look forward to a review if you can
Message 33 of 50

Kfav1982
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Pete58
No worries, I have waited so long for this phone as soon as I realised I could order it from a reputable place I thought I might as well just get it.
So far.... Screen size is the main thing I will have to get used to. My Xperia x compact is tiny in comparison now well the screen that is. It's not any wider and it's actually thinner so it should be fine. Just tried Now TV and it gives you the option to fit to screen so that you don't get the black bars on each side. Amazon prime video is fine as most play back in 16:9 anyway. I was worried about the speaker as other reviews said it's a single speaker. It's far louder than the x compact stereo setup just gets a bit distorted on full volume but I don't play it that loud anyway. I have transferred the Xperia keyboard as they now use the Google g board. I am still in the old days of using the t9 phonepad style so glad I have been able to transfer that. Camera is great again miles better and faster experience. Overall it's a great phone and all the negative about the snapdragon processor being basic can't be noticed at all on this phone. It's fast, smooth and enjoyable to use. Sony know what they are doing in the optimisation department. If you have any other questions let me know, hope O2 bring it out soon!
Message 34 of 50

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@Kfav1982 sounds promising o2 have till wed if nothing certain from them I will order from giffgaff, one thing my brother has said he's not sure but the Xperia 10 II has not got a fm radio in it where as the Xperia 10 has
Message 35 of 50

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yeah the 10ii does look and feel a bit better than most "mid range" handsets I must admit, tbh even the L4 is massively improved as an entry level model, was quite impressed setting up my mother in law's one from O2.
If it was me, I wouldve waited til the 18th, O2 are kinda like an official partner on the launches for this year, all the Sony UK adverts point to O2 for pre order deals and I wonder what deal O2 would put out on the 10ii. Considering they are putting out the £1099 Xperia 1ii for £799 with free £349/£249 headphones, it's an exciting time to be a Sony user on o2.
Message 36 of 50

Kfav1982
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Pete58
No there isn't an fm radio. Can't say I have ever used it and there are loads of free fm radio player apps on play store
Message 37 of 50

Kfav1982
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@virdis
Yeah it's definitely an improvement. I have used various Sony handsets for years so glad this one doesn't disappoint.
I was going to wait but I am on a sim only contract which I have recently changed onto so just wanted a handset only.
Message 38 of 50

Pete58
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
If and when the Sony Xperia 10 II gets released on O2(hopefully next week) do you think they will doing a deal on payg or are the deals only for pay monthly as I will be buying the phone outright
Message 39 of 50

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey everyone.

GREAT news, the Sony Xperia 10 II is now available to order for delivery tomorrow! We'll be getting an official announcement thread for it today, but I just wanted to give you a heads up ASAP.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 40 of 50