Share your most memorable moments on the O2 community

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Memories

Hey everyone, 

Continuing this week's theme of celebrating the O2 community 5th Birthday we'd like to hear about your most memorable moments from your time on the O2 community! It could be a time when you or another member really made a difference helping a newbie, a friendship that started on the forums or just a hilarious thread that made you smile. slight_smile

Memorable moments from the community team:

For me it was my first ever thread where I introduced myself to the community. I was quite nervous coming on board to such a well established community but I received a lovely warm welcome and was made to feel at home right away. - Martin 

There are so many memories! All the times that I've noticed new members getting the help they need, having a fun discussion in off topic, getting inspired by someone here talking about specific things they have been doing... even little things like starting to watch Star Trek (I'm a Trekkie now because of our off topic thread!), building some cool stuff from LEGOs and even getting back to some mobile games again with renewed enthusiasm. Smiley Happy  - Marjo

The most memorable moment for me was when I introduced myself to the community and the forum login system broke down so I couldn’t even reply!  Crazy Well, that was ‘a good start’ for the new Head of Community.... what can I say.... Destroy - Mercedes

So please let us know your fondest memories from the O2 community below. Smiley Wink

20422i17267C7DA5FA4871.png

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Ahh, good old purple rain.
Though, if that's the best memory people have of me, I'm clearly doing this Internet thing wrong lmao.
Message 11 of 26

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

LOL

Message 12 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Ahh, good old purple rain.
Though, if that's the best memory people have of me, I'm clearly doing this Internet thing wrong lmao.

You weren't here when I started but I had to mention you in my ramblings... obviously your technical ability is of the highest...I am not doubting it (sulky chops):popcornsmiley1: ...but I do remember the Purple Rain.....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Pffft
Message 14 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Pffft

Better be careful. I can still ask @Marjo to open my vote for editing. I would hate that people thought I voted you most creative member due to your ability of posting a cocktail picture! LOL

(It was your skill with photography that got you that vote)....anyway get back to work....Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 26

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Who the HELL  are you people? Sky say contact O2 and O2 say check the world class customer service via the forum but all I get is a load of weirdos talking about cocktails. I need help with EMAILS not COCKTAILS .

Honestly though, so many laughs? so much help given, so many infamous individuals offering and receiving help making up spit our coffee over the screen every morning. But most of all, though many of us have never met, many present wonderful friends.

They say online friends are not true friends but there are a dozen people on here i would stand and fight alongside right now. Well maybe in a couple of weeks wink They know who they are and I'm proud to have them as friends. 

There in a nutshell you have the whole O2 Community 

Message 16 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Who the HELL  are you people? Sky say contact O2 and O2 say check the world class customer service via the forum but all I get is a load of weirdos talking about cocktails. I need help with EMAILS not COCKTAILS .

Honestly though, so many laughs? so much help given, so many infamous individuals offering and receiving help making up spit our coffee over the screen every morning. But most of all, though many of us have never met, many present wonderful friends.

They say online friends are not true friends but there are a dozen people on here i would stand and fight alongside right now. Well maybe in a couple of weeks wink They know who they are and I'm proud to have them as friends. 

There in a nutshell you have the whole O2 Community 

And that above is the reason many of us voted @jonsie the funniest forum member. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to spit my tea over my PC again Steve...LOLSmiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 26

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My sleep time according to matron so I can't be assed changing it. Another life saving operation in the morning, new SIM card arrived!

Message 18 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Don't want you to change it. It's great as it is. Oh and you mention Matron? There is only one Matron in your life my dear man and you are talking to her tongue

The imposter can clear off.Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

PS.  Best of luck with the op tomorrow Steve heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket