Share your most memorable moments on the O2 community

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Memories

Hey everyone, 

Continuing this week's theme of celebrating the O2 community 5th Birthday we'd like to hear about your most memorable moments from your time on the O2 community! It could be a time when you or another member really made a difference helping a newbie, a friendship that started on the forums or just a hilarious thread that made you smile. slight_smile

Memorable moments from the community team:

For me it was my first ever thread where I introduced myself to the community. I was quite nervous coming on board to such a well established community but I received a lovely warm welcome and was made to feel at home right away. - Martin 

There are so many memories! All the times that I've noticed new members getting the help they need, having a fun discussion in off topic, getting inspired by someone here talking about specific things they have been doing... even little things like starting to watch Star Trek (I'm a Trekkie now because of our off topic thread!), building some cool stuff from LEGOs and even getting back to some mobile games again with renewed enthusiasm. Smiley Happy  - Marjo

The most memorable moment for me was when I introduced myself to the community and the forum login system broke down so I couldn’t even reply!  Crazy Well, that was ‘a good start’ for the new Head of Community.... what can I say.... Destroy - Mercedes

So please let us know your fondest memories from the O2 community below. Smiley Wink

20422i17267C7DA5FA4871.png

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine would be the chance to create helpful guides for this friendly community & people have found my guides useful 

Message 2 of 26

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Mine would be "hardware of the cable"

Either that or the bloke caught out by swear filter saying how he'd been stuck on phone for hours and had this and that issue and o2 were ****!
My reply:
Wow, If I'd have been treated like that, I wouldn't have given them 4 stars tbh.
Message 3 of 26

Daddydoink
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 450 Posts
  • 41 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Being sent a phone that wouldn't work. I panicked - first of all, I didn't want to make @Martin-O2 cry. Secondly, what would I do about my 100% reviewed rate?!

Review delivered

Windows 10|SurfaceBook2-512|Lego|Wheelchair Reviews
Sony Xperia ZX Premium (because I loved the Try The Tech phone so much)
Sony Xperia XZ
Message 4 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
My fondest moment doing 'In the Spotlight'. Very nervous on how my answers would be received but everyone was very kind. I feel like an old hand now but, of course, am still a newbie and still making mistakes.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 5 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Helping shape the way this community looked by being invited to a beta preview of this incarnation of the o2 forums .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 26

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Try the tech, loved these.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 26

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I love these guys! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 26

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Any other memorable moments that you want to share? slight_smile Lovely reading these!

Message 9 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I couldn't honestly pick out one moment...so allow me to be a bit gushy. 4 years ago Cleo crept on to this forum. I had been given my first 'not so' smartphone and was desperate for help. The first few people to help were @jonsie @perksie @Bambino @MI5

Thank god the phone was a Samsung. (for obvious reasons) After 4 years I am no techy whiz but I know a lot more than ever before. So I came for help and because of the friendship support and encouragement I got from those mentioned and a lot of others since then...I stayed. I have made many friends....and hope to make more. Can't really think of a better long term moment....( Back to normal now.... time for gushing over ) Cat

Oh thanks to@viridis ....who once made me a Purple Rain cocktail in Wantys tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 26