Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra. Pre-order now on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Delivery delays: We have become aware of a UK-wide international shipping issue which may impact some pre-orders of the S21 Ultra 5G - 512GB (Black) model. If your particular order is impacted, you'll receive this by 5 Feb at the latest. More info.

TB-SGS21-UI.jpg

SideButton_Existing.png

Message us on Facebook Messenger Message us on Twitter

• Pre-order the epic Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, S21+ 5G and S21 Ultra 5G online now on O2 at www.o2.co.uk
  • Get up to £350 when you trade in your old phone with O2 recycle
  • Plus six months free data and calls on tariffs 30GB and above, available from just £20.99* per month with a £30 upfront cost on the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
  • Customers can also claim a pre-order gift, including a pair of Galaxy Buds Live or Buds Pro and a SmartTag

The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, S21+ 5G and S21 Ultra 5G are now available to pre-order online on O2 custom plans, ahead of their launch on 29 January.

Available in six standout colours – Phantom Grey, Phantom Pink, Phantom Violet, Phantom White, Phantom Black and Phantom Silver – the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 Series come with a Dynamic AMOLED 2X display and adaptive refresh rate up to 120Hz, meaning scrolling through social feeds or high-speed gaming will feel ultra-smooth.

All three devices come with Samsung’s next generation cameras to help customers take their best shots yet, with the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G both featuring a 12MP wide, 64MP telephoto and 12MP ultra-wide lenses. The Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G’s quad camera boasts a 108MP wide lens to capture extraordinary detail, even at night.

The Samsung Galaxy S21 5G and S21+ 5G also has a 10MP front camera and increased facial recognition technology which automatically captures 14 creative versions of the images and videos being taken, helping users take the perfect shot first time. Whilst the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G comes with a mighty 40MP front camera. All three handsets are able to capture video in incredibly crisp 8K, ensuring your content will be more stunning than ever, no matter the subject.

Customers can get their hands on the Samsung Galaxy S21 series with an impressive free six months of data and calls on tariffs 30GB and above, including:

• Samsung Galaxy S21 5G available from just £20.99 per month for the first six months, then £49.99*, for 30GB data with a £30 upfront cost.
  • Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G available from £25.99 per month for the first six months, then £54.99*, for 30GB data with a £30 upfront cost.
  • Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G available from £32.99 per month for the first six months, then £61.99*, for 30GB data with a £30 upfront cost.

O2’s custom plans allows customers to get any device they have their heart set on at a more affordable rate, with the ability to choose how much they want to pay upfront, the length of their Device Plan, selecting anywhere between three and 36 months (in one-month increments), as well as having the option to flex their data allowance up or down every month to suit their needs from a family of tariffs.

Customers will also be eligible for a variety of O2 exclusives including 6 months of Disney+ for new and upgrading customers. Existing O2 customers can add Disney+ to their plan for £5.99 a month and receive £2 off their monthly airtime bill.

What’s more, customers that recycle their old phone can get up to £350 when they upgrade before the 31 March. With stores currently closed, customers can recycle online and receive an extra £150 on top of the value of their handset at www.o2.co.uk/recycle.

But it doesn’t stop there. Any customer who pre-orders the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G or S21+ 5G can claim a pair of Galaxy Buds Live and a SmartTag worth a combined £188.99. Whilst customers who pre-order the Samsung Galaxy Ultra 5G can claim a pair of Galaxy Buds Pro and a SmartTag, worth a total value of £248.99.

Full press release with footnotes here.

So who thinks they'll be looking to buy or upgrade to one of these brand new Samsung Galaxy S21 devices? They look stunning and have some seriously impressive tech inside them. I know I'm tempted!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 96
95 REPLIES 95

Antonysj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The message I read (28 Jan) made no mention of other suppliers just that it was UK wide. Just wondered if they meant specific to O2. I love O2 and wouldn't switch networks, but obviously just slightly disappointed to be informed so late, when other places seemingly have available stock of the affected version. S20 Ultra waa delayed last year, but that was communicated well in advance of launch day.
Message 21 of 96

Antonysj
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I may not have replied to this message correctly, however did post a response. But the original message regarding the delays, made no mention of other suppliers. It's possible I missed a follow up from Chris, however I have seen a few other retailers that have stock available for today, hence my original question! slight_smile
Message 22 of 96

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes and I may have presumed from the wording International world wide shipping issue that it included all networks not just O2 @Antonysj wink

I'lll tag @Chris_K  again and hope he will come back to clarify later this morning.

As for 'other retailers showing they have stock? It would be interesting to know if they actually HAVE, or like O2, don't run a LIVE stock system.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 96

Antonysj
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff

That's the confusion I think. The issue was mentioned in texts to customers yesterday, but since it transpired other places had stock the confusion grew.

It's not a huge inconvenience, obviously, but I'd made sure to be home today for the delivery, and then by the time word got out it was too late to change stuff with work etc. I just want to make sure I can be home when it's due, so any clarification would be great.

Thanks again! slight_smile
Message 24 of 96

AcademicBarzo
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If it is delivered by the 5th, then, yes, it is an inconvenience. If it is indefinitely delayed (my latest email from 02 gives no indication of shipping date), then that is a very different situation. It cause me two serious issues (i) whether it impacts on claiming the Buds Pro and Smart Tag and (ii) as an upgrader, whether it takes me outside the 21 day window for recycling my existing device (with the preferential terms of an extra £150 as part of the preorder offer).

As you say, clarity and reassurance would be good. I appreciate that both the e-mail (and the 02 order status on the website) may not include the same level of detail as my text message. It would be good to know that what my personal text message and the posts on this very forum thread said about delivery by the 5th Feb is, in fact, still correct.

Message 25 of 96

JamieRidler
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can't figure out O2s claim that there's a UK wide problem when the phone is still in stock from Samsung UK store pages. Not seen any talk of trouble from other networks yet either.

Everywhere else I look shows in stock. Only O2 site shows a delay. Seems the UK wide problem means O2 UK wide problem.
Message 26 of 96

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, vodafone had it available for preorder still last night for delivery today. Most def an o2 issue... the main issue for me is they left it so late to notify so even if we could get it elsewhere it was too late. The text message also states the £50 compensation but it's the first time ever I have noticed compensation where Terms Apply and no link to the terms given.
Message 27 of 96

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If I was to order today, I'm getting it friday still, confused that those who ordered on 14th are now getting it at same time as those who order today. Delivery in 1 week from o2 website.
Message 28 of 96

AcademicBarzo
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Agreed - some communications would be good. 

I have been an 02 customer since the second generation of the IPhone (bought on release day) and have always had good service from them. However, there are many alternative networks and I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in the lack of both clarity and communication around the issue with preorders of a new device.  I know that we are in the middle of a pandemic and a transition in shipping rules to the UK from the EU, but those are reasons to provide more clarity, not to stay silent on issues, particularly when it is clear that (a) other providers shipped pre-orders for delivery today and (b) other providers did and still do have stock of the S21 Ultra 5G 512G.

On a related note, does anyone know how to cancel a pre-order as nothing in the comms I have received suggests that as an option?  If things continue to be unclear, I might consider skipping the S21 Ultra altogther (knowing that I've now lost the chance to take advantage of pre-order deals elsewhere), cancelling my (pre-)order and moving my business to an alternative network.    Yes, I know this is only a phone, so hardly a matter of life and death, but that does not stop it being dissapointing and frustrating, both as to the delay of an anticiapted item and a lack of clear and convincing communication of the issues and the resolution of them.

Message 29 of 96

JamieRidler
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Deals elsewhere still include free Buds Pro but without the Tag. Given the Tag is so cheap and most people only want the Buds you can still go elsewhere.
Message 30 of 96