Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 5: Ponderer

Re: Samsung S10 range - Pre-order now on O2

It's not first come served Var, read someone who pre-ordered 2 days ago and got a text saying they could pick it up today or delivered I think it was.
Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Level 1: Joiner

I wanted to see what the status was on all support areas.

Live Chat said NOBODY will get it

Twitter said people WOULD get it last night

I'll phone later as I really am not in the happiest of moods to talk to someone, they might get the wrath.

Level 21: Regular

@Glory1

This isnt solely an o2 problem, but is affecting all networks apart from BT Group, which means the BT Group have probably got the biggest dibs on handsets.

I agree communications has been particulary crap, but until the devices arrive in the warehouse, then they dont know how many they have and they will prioritise probably in this way Enterprise Customers, High Value Customers, SME , then everyone else so if a company yesterday suddenly orders 2000 devices for delivery today they will give them the stock as they probably spend in the millions of pounds per year...

--

Samsung Note 10+ 5G|,, OnePlus 7 Pro (work phone), , Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

@madasaf1sh wrote:
@mieinhull1969some will some wont, same for upgrading customers, also bare in mind that Samsung will produce less of the s10+ devices compared to other S10's.

@madasaf1sh Can I ask why less S10+ devices, if the demand is there they earn more money? Surely a win/win for Samsung.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

@mieinhull1969 it was me i pre ordered yesterday afternoon, and mine is on its way to store today.. but mines an s10 not a plus
--

Samsung Note 10+ 5G|,, OnePlus 7 Pro (work phone), , Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

Don't see what the difference is mad, you're still getting your promised phone, that's why you pre-ordered.
Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Level 1: Joiner

Twitter account is still telling people that the original delivery dates people were quoted on preorders still stands aka means they should be getting em today.

Honestly idk who's telling the truth or who's telling porkies anymore...

@Glory1 from what i understood from the road map session they dont want to cannibalise Note 9 sales... As i said it also doesnt help there are portfolio changes at Samsung with 6 new devices excl S10 range and the Fold, so they also need to switch the production lines. an most people dont buy high end devices.
--

Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

@madasaf1sh wrote:
@Glory1

This isnt solely an o2 problem, but is affecting all networks apart from BT Group, which means the BT Group have probably got the biggest dibs on handsets.

I agree communications has been particulary crap, but until the devices arrive in the warehouse, then they dont know how many they have and they will prioritise probably in this way Enterprise Customers, High Value Customers, SME , then everyone else so if a company yesterday suddenly orders 2000 devices for delivery today they will give them the stock as they probably spend in the millions of pounds per year...

Thanks for the explanation @madasaf1sh, at least I have a better understanding of where I am in the 'pecking order'!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Sod it, gonna get the iPhone, I've stooped that low.