Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 range - Available now on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
S10000.png

On Wednesday 20th February, Samsung unveiled several new devices at their Unpacked 2019 event. We're please to confirm the new range of Samsung Galaxy S10 devices - including the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10  and Galaxy S10 Plus - are all available to purchase now on O2.

What tariffs is it on?
With O2 Custom Plans, we put that in your hands - every part of it. Choose your own upfront cost, Device Plan length and data allowance. Want to pay more and pay off the device in a short period? You can go to as little as 3 months. Want to pay less, over a longer period? You can go up to 36 months to spread the cost.

What are the specs?
With up to 5 cameras with the S10 Plus, and 3 separate S10 devices, there's too much to list but you can find the full official spec sheet right here.

Here are some of the important bits though point_down

More info

Display

Galaxy S10e Galaxy S10 Galaxy S10+
5.8” Full HD+ Dynamic AMOLEDInfinity-O Display (2280x1080) 6.1" Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLEDInfinity-O Display (3040x1440) 6.4" Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLEDInfinity-O Display (3040x1440)
438 ppi 550 ppi 522 ppi
HDR10+ certified

Battery

Galaxy S10e Galaxy S10 Galaxy S10+
3100mAh 3400mAh 4100mAh

Front Camera

Front1.png

Rear Camera
Rear1.png

Got some questions? Check out our Q&A below

More info

Main Questions

Q. Samsung announced 512GB & 1TB versions of the S10. Will you have them?
A. We don't currently have any plans to stock the 512GB or 1TB variants of the new Samsung Galaxy S10 range, but the 128GB devices' memory capacities can be expanded.

Q. Samsung announced 'Ceramic White' version of the S10. Will you have that?
A. 
We have no current plans to stock this variant but we'll let everyone know if or when that changes

Q. Samsung announced a 5G enabled S10 and the Galaxy Fold. Will you get these?
A. We’ll let you know more information about these as and when we get it.

Q. Samsung also announced the new Galaxy Watch Active and wireless Galaxy Buds. Will you have them?
A. Great news! Both of these will be joining the O2 range in the coming weeks. We’ll share more info about these soon.

Discount / Cost / Pricing Info

Q. When will I be able to use my O2 Open or student discount on the new S10?
A. Great news! The new S10 range is available on O2 Open and Student Discount.

Q. A friend/family member works for you. Can I get my friends & family discount?
A. Yes, you’ll be able to make use of your Friends & Family discount – speak with your friend who works for O2 to get this applied after ordering

Q. Is the new S10 eligible for family plan discounts?
A. Yes, the new S10 range of devices are all available on our Family Plan. More info on Family Plan here.

Upgrade Info

Q. Will you have enough stock for everyone who wants a new S10?
A. We expect there to be high demand for the new S10's and recommend customers pre-order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment

Q. I'm wanting to upgrade but want to know all my available options
A. As upgrades are very much account specific and the details can vary from person to person, we'd recommend checking your My O2 app for upgrade options. You can also get in touch with our upgrade team to discuss – just call 202 and select the appropriate options from our IVR menu.

Q. What if I want to upgrade earlier than my yearly upgrade date?
A. This is possible thanks to the power of O2 Refresh. With O2 Refresh, you can upgrade at any time by simply paying off the remainder of your device plan agreement. You can off-set much or all of this cost by using O2 Recycle to trade-in your existing device.

Pre-order / Availability / Order Info

Q. I pre-ordered at *date/time*, when will I get my new S10?

A. When pre-ordering, our estimate delivery date was displayed above the custom plans slider on the shop page. As soon as there's progress with your order however, we'll let you know.

Q. How do I stay up to date on my order?
A. You can keep an eye on your My O2 order status, and we’ll also keep you updated as and when there’s progress with your order

Device & Other Questions

Q. Will I be able to unlock the S10 devices?
A. Most of our devices now arrive unlocked, and this includes the S10 range of devices.

Q. Will it have 4G / Wifi Calling?
A. The S10 range of devices will launch with 4G and Wifi calling.

Check out the original Unpacked Megathread below.

More info

As some of you may be aware, Samsung are hosting their 'Unpacked' event tonight and they'll be live streaming from 7pm. We've embedded Samsung's official YouTube live stream above, so you can watch it from right here on the Community.

Want to see the rumours? Click here.
Want to stay up-to-date on everything? Click here.

As soon as we've got more news and info to share, we'll update everyone here on the O2 Community. Please use this thread to discuss any rumours on the run up to the event, and this thread (this one you're reading right now) to discuss anything that happens during or after the event, and after any announcements.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 318
317 REPLIES 317

Varcarus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yea I've lost hope...

No "taking longer then expected" messages or anything.

Big guarantee I'll be stuck waiting till 16th or worse...thats what I get for preordering soon as they were added to the site ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Never had a single issue on launch days so why all of a sudden)
Message 51 of 318

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Varcarus wrote:
Yea I've lost hope...

No "taking longer then expected" messages or anything.

Big guarantee I'll be stuck waiting till 16th or worse...thats what I get for preordering soon as they were added to the site ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Never had a single issue on launch days so why all of a sudden)

Good question @Varcarus wish I had an answer for you but I don't. I didn't order till the 28th so not expecting to hear for a while as there are many in the queue before me. But those like yourself who ordered the first day they were available for pre-order should receive them on the 8th March. 

Seems not to be the case, though and who knows why. Seems  we're experiencing an Apple launch day for a Samsung phone!!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 52 of 318

Varcarus
  • 16 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'll be contacting live support in the morning if I hear nothing when I wake, seriously something fishy going on.
Message 53 of 318

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Varcarus better you speak to customer services on 202. Live chat won't have a clue. They open 8am, which is the best time to call to avoid a long wait on hold. Good luck 🤞

Message 54 of 318

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I did my preorder yesterday afternoon, with Platininum CS for a click and collect and it is been delivered to store today, I even have the tracking number.. 

I have a feeling my order has been pushed through the system..

If you dont get notification, log into myo2, and check my orders and if it has been despatched it will show at the bottom of the page. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 55 of 318

Varcarus
  • 16 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just woke to check...and nothing.

Still no delay email(which means it should be here today since the order clearly stated 8th march), no changes on the website at all saying if theres a delay or if its been shipped...nothing.

Personally this makes me sick to the pit of my stomach as I've literally been mislead by O2.

Once support opens at 8am I'm going to see what the heck is going on, pretty sure I now have the right to complain.

...weird question but it wouldn't be bundled with a tablet I upgraded yesterday which is coming today right? Just making sure.
Message 56 of 318

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

It should appear in your MyO2 as a new order @Varcarus if it's coming with the tablet. Does the tablet appear in your MyO2?

Message 57 of 318

mieinhull1969
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 243 Posts
  • 27 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

HAPPY 8TH PEOPLE, IT'S PARTY DAY FOR ALL YOU WHO PRE-ORDERED or is it!. No it's not, for most.  After 11 years paying bill after bill to rip off O2 and they can't even send the phones that where promised if you pre-ordered. It's nothing to do with the colours, O2 shouldn't have started the pre-order ball rolling if they new the stock was very low. We'll just have to wait until the 25th I guess for our phones.

Samsung are laughable, I'd rather give £900+ to charity and I have, Dove House Hospice, Hull.
Message 58 of 318

Varcarus
  • 16 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Glory1 Yea the tablet is a new order and that completed last night, I just wondered if somehow they could have bundled the S10+ with it.

But I guess it would have said otherwise.
Message 59 of 318

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Just been reading on another networks forum, that people are getting the delayed notification for the S10+ due to "High Demand"

I wonder if the problem lies at Samsung, and not being able to manufacture enough of the S10+ devices, it was telling that even our Samsung Account manager didnt have the device to show us, and a week before launch they usually are all over it.. 

I think the other issue is that Samsung are changing there entire portfolio of devices, and there are at least 6 new devices coming soon (excluding S10/+/e)

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 60 of 318