cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G & Watch3 4G are now are now available on O2!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Great news! The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G and the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G are now available on O2! 

Take calls, receive messages and get social media alerts on your wrist, with 4G connected Samsung Galaxy watches. Stay connected on the go, without needing to bring your phone with you. A compatible Samsung phone connected to the O2 network is required to use your 4G connected Samsung Watch.

samsung-galaxy-watch3-overview-slice.jpg

Boost your healthy habits and make wellness a priority

The Galaxy Watch Active2 4G is the perfect wellness accessory. If you're into running, just set a target and the real-time Running Coach will prompt you to stay on track. Choose from a range of pre-set pace programmes and walk, jog or sprint your way to your goal.

If cycling’s more your thing, just set a distance, count your laps and log every record with Lap Time Record. And because a good night’s rest is important for your health and your training, you can even track the quality of your sleep. The Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G has a built-in step counter to help you hit your walking goals, while the heart rate tracker lets you keep tabs on your daily cardio.

It also collects sleep data and offers tips and insights to help you make the most of your down time. Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G really makes your wellbeing a top priority.

Brilliant tech. Classic design.

Whether you're pounding the pavement or out for dinner, the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G will fit right in. Customise your watch face at any time.

It's so thin and light that you’ll forget it’s there when you're working out – but thanks to its carefully-crafted round body and unique digital bezel, the Galaxy Watch Active2 4G is sure to make an impression when you want it to.

The Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G is based on the classic watch design, it’s crafted from stainless-steel and fine leather, available in Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black or Mystic Silver so you can truly express your style. Plus, the Super AMOLED touch display is protected by maximum strength Gorilla® Glass, so it’ll stay pristine season after season.

samsung-galaxy-watch-active2-overview-slice.jpg

Make wellness a priority

The Galaxy Watch Active2 is the perfect wellness accessory. If you're into running, just set a target and the real-time Running Coach will prompt you to stay on track. Choose from a range of pre-set pace programmes and walk, jog or sprint your way to your goal.

If cycling’s more your thing, just set a distance, count your laps and log every record with Lap Time Record. And because a good night’s rest is important for your health and your training, you can even track the quality of your sleep.

Choose a design that fits your life 

No more hunting through your bag for your phone when it rings. With the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2, you can answer calls and reply to messages right from you wrist. When it’s ready to hit the gym or do a workout in the park, use the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 to track your workout, heart rate and more.

Customise your watch face at any time and choose from a range of straps (available separately) to suit the mood. It's so thin and light that you’ll forget it’s there when you're working out – but thanks to its carefully-crafted round body and unique digital bezel, the Galaxy Watch Active2 is sure to make an impression when you want it to.

The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G is available in:

Aluminium 40mm in Pink Gold

Aluminium 40mm in Aqua Black

Aluminium 44mm Aqua Black

The Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G watch is available in:

41mm in Mystic Bronze

41mm in Mystic Silver

45mm in Mystic Black

45mm in Mystic Silver

Let us know what you think of the new Samsung watches and if you're thinking of getting on head over to the O2 store for the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G and the Samsung Galaxy Watch3 4G

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

So it seems Samsung were correct after all @madasaf1sh wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

So it seems Samsung were correct after all @madasaf1sh wink

Well - yes and no wink

I knew this would come up so I wanted to jump in quickly and confirm that when you guys spotted 'that' information, it wasn't signed off or agreed on O2's end - we were still working behind the scenes to get everything set up and as no date had been agreed, we contacted Samsung to get the incorrect info removed from the Members app.

That said though, the team took it as a challenge and unbelievably, they managed to get everything ready in time for what Samsung had originally reported.

Either way though, it's fantastic news for Samsung fans and O2 customers as you can now get the connected version of the Galaxy Watch Active2 or Watch3 4G on O2 kissing_heart

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Bizarre coincidence then @Chris_K wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
@Chris_K

Any reason why you can't buy the watches online, but only in store..

As i would prefer to buy online...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
Just to add,

I went into the Sheffield Fargate Store, on Saturday to try and buy the Watch 3 , only to walk out 1hour later with no watch, a cancelled contract for the watch 3.

Problems where.
1. They didnt actually have the Watch 3 cellular only the bluetooth version, this was only worked once they tried to put the sale through.
2. No one knew the process or where to start
3. It took a stupidly long time and a bureaucratic process to cancel the none complete contract.

I had one peed off missus, which ended up costing me a starbucks and no watch.

Fair play to the store guru Steve, he tried everything....

Message 6 of 11

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey @madasaf1sh 

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience in-store. The connected Samsung Watches are brand new to us and though we're incredibly excited that our customers can now get these watches on O2, it seems a small number of our store staff are still digesting the new products, setup, and processes. This has been fed back and we're clearing things up, as you should have had a much smoother, far quicker, and much better experience than the one you got.

With regards to 'where' to buy this, we're afraid due to technical limitation we're currently only able to provide the Samsung Watch3 4G in-store, and likewise for any customers who purchased their watch elsewhere, and looking to get their watch airtime from O2. If or when this changes we'll let customers know, but for now this is only available in-store.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
  • 10114 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions
thanks @Chris_K

The problem is now finding one in stock, that isnt a 50mile round trip. :
Message 8 of 11

MajaP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Chris/O2, 

I have received Samsung Watch3 4G which was directly bought from Samsung. I tried to get it set up on my plan with o2's customer or support service. Unfortunately, no one knew what to do.

Who do I need to contact to get my watch working independently? 

Do I need a separate data plan that will be linked to my phone number/account?

Do I need to get it done in-store? 

I am not looking to buy a device/watch, I have it, I would like to start using it as designed and fit for purpose?

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@MajaP 

You need to get an eSim from an O2 store to set up your data plan which will cost you an extra £5 per month.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11