Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Launched!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

S10 5G

Hi everyone, 

We've got some very exciting news today, as our first 5G Ready device is launching: the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, available in Majestic Black or Crown Silver!

Get ready for a world of possibilities, with this new addition to the Galaxy S10 family. If you're interested in more 5G devices, keep your eyes on future announcements of other 5G devices coming to our network in the future. slight_smile

Interested in this S10 device? We've put below a few of the reasons why we love it, but let us know in the comments what you're looking forward to the most in this new phone!

Capture any moment
If you’re gathering with friends around the campfire, after a long day sunning it up at the beach, you need a camera that can handle low light. The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G’s ‘True Vision’ camera is actually six cameras – two on the front and four on the back – and takes true-to-life snaps, even in low light. The addition of a telephoto lens and an ultra-wide lens means you can capture more of the moment, exactly as you see it, whether you’re up close or far away.

Enjoy the view

Binge watch your favourite shows. Edit your best snaps. Be inspired by pictures of your friends’ lunch. All on the Galaxy S10 5G’s clear, immersive 6.7" ‘Infinity-O Display’. And it’s not just the stuff on the screen that looks great – the phone does too. With a barely-there bezel (the border between the screen and the frame) and a sleek, glass-wrapped body, it’s bound to attract compliments.

Rely on your phone

It’s your sat-nav to get you to the station. Your entertainment hub on the train. And your camera to capture your adventures once you’re there. Thanks to the Galaxy S10 5G’s impressive 4500 mAh battery and AI power management, the chances are it’ll keep going as long as you do. But if you find you’re in need of a boost, the S10 5G comes with Super Fast Charging – so you’ll be back up and running in no time.

Get ready for 5G

We’ll be switching on our 5G network in October 2019, beginning with areas of Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh, London, Slough and Leeds. By the end of the year, we’ll be live in 20 towns and cities, rolling out to a total of 50 by summer 2020. The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is 5G ready, meaning once O2 5G is available in your area, and you move to a 5G tariff, with a 5G sim, you’ll be able to benefit from things like a better and more reliable connection in extra busy places, delay-free downloads and buffer-free streaming. O2 5G will unlock new experiences around all the things that matter most, so you can live life without wasting a moment. Read more about our latest news on the 5G rollout here!

Don't forget as well that you by recycling an old device through O2 Recycle, you can receive a cash payment when you upgrade. You can recycle in-store or online at O2 Recycle.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lovely but expensive.

£51.64 a month over 36months

£64.96 over 24 months.

Not wishing to appear negative  but what's the point until O2 rolls out 5G nationwide?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
I'm more intrigued by the fine print, as at the moment its sold on a 4G plan, and they're highlighted it will need to be 'upgraded' to a 5G plan on launch and that the prices will be different....
Message 3 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

In other words, 'watch us screw the poor sods who buy this now.'

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @EmilieT
Thank you for the info
I have just purchased a
Samsung Galaxy A70
Still like it.
Will have to carry on with this for the time being 🤔
I will get there eventually!

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 9

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The tariffs are flexible. Thats the point of a refresh plan. This handset suits me. Completely different to S10 plus which was far too small
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ahead of it's time unfortunately....but go on then, yes you can send it to me....Whistle

Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff @PhoneChanger @Bambino As we get closer to the rollout of 5G and more information becomes available on tariffs, plans and everything else, we'll let you guys know slight_smile

@TallTrees If you're happy with your current device there's no reason to switch to something else, but it's good to keep an eye on what's coming out, in case your needs change thumbsup

@pp763 Do you have, or are you planning on getting, and S10 5G then?? If so, I'd love to hear more about how you like it!

@jonsie joy

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

pp763
Level 3: Thinker
  • 79 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have it. Happy it was fairly quietly launched so no problems with stock

Message 9 of 9