Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also received my jiffy bag today with a note inside asking me to take it to the post office...

Can @Toby confirm that we just wait till UK mail contact us?
Message 1551 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Clearly this was a Jiffy bag day.  The question is, are we allowed to keep them as a free gift or will we be forced to return the bag slight_smile

Message 1552 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the jiffy bags are our free gifts. I got one today as well. The most annoying part is the letter that came with it said for me to upgrade the postage to special delivery so it's insured! Let me get this right O2, I have to pay to send you this ticking time bomb back?
Message 1553 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
There must be a reason why this thread has 1553 replies, maybe because of the way o2 have handled this fiasco!
Message 1554 of 1,893

Gsdworld21
Level 3: Thinker
  • 103 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Awww I'm feeling left out. I was promised a jiffy bag and it never arrived lol. We'll probably get billed for the postage on it ☺ They we're probably too busy working out how much to knock off my contract now I've downgraded to an S7 Edge. I miss my S Pen I'm even considering buying a bic for company 😁
Message 1555 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Gsdworld21 wrote:
Awww I'm feeling left out. I was promised a jiffy bag and it never arrived lol. We'll probably get billed for the postage on it ☺ They we're probably too busy working out how much to knock off my contract now I've downgraded to an S7 Edge. I miss my S Pen I'm even considering buying a bic for company 😁

LOL Thank god you can still raise a smile @Gsdworld21 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1556 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well @Cleoriff @Gsdworld21 has to smile if he didn't he would be crying like a baby 😭 at the disaster that is o2's ineptitude in the Note7 saga!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1557 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lets hope the community team here have some information about what is going on with the postage.  What I really don't get is why we can't just arrange to drop them off at an o2 shop.  I'm certainly not sending mine with royal mail and i'm not paying for tracking and insurance.

But i'm guessing like the rest of you they won't refund you anything until the phone is returned.

I'm wondering if we are all trapped in some odd reality show sitcom at the moment.

I'm also wondering if we'll hit 2000 posts before everyone is finally sorted out.  Maybe it will take so long the note 8 will be out wink

Message 1558 of 1,893

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@RJKennedy wrote:

Just received my Jiffy bag to return the Note 7 via the Post Office/Royal Mail (who we all know aren't accepting). I take it I just ignore this and wait for a call from UK Mail?

Yes, please ignore the jiffy bag and the auto-generated email you may have received suggesting you to return your handset via Royal Mail. When you call our dedicated number, you will be able to discuss your options and subsequently, UK Mail will be contacting you to arrange the pickup at a convenient time.

Once again, all note7 devices will be collected via UK Mail only and they will be in touch with all our customers after they have spoken to us on 0333 234 1457.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1559 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

Once again, all note7 devices will be collected via UK Mail only and they will be in touch with all our customers after they have spoken to us on 0333 234 1457.

Have the returns team given any indication as to how long we will be waiting for UKMail to contact us.  There must be some kind of SLA with them as a company.
I know i'm not the only one, but I spoke to CS 6 days ago and UKMail haven't been in touch at all.
Call me cynical, but after the way all of this has been handled I'm a little dubious that UKMail have been instructed at all.  I certainly struggle to believe that a courier company would take a week to contact someone for a contracted pickup, even if it's just to make arrangements.  I've used corporate couriers extensively to ship and pick up goods commercially and I'd expect them to make arrangements in hours, not weeks!
Message 1560 of 1,893