Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Glassbeard,

I have sent a PM to you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1681 of 1,893

Lidenbrock
  • 25 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Agreed @Glassbeard with a degree in physics and penchant for everything new - I can forgive Samsung - if your are going to buy a leading edge device you accept to a degree it may have issues (Blackberry Storm 2 - past experience) because its right right up there (yes - the Storm 2 once was).

I am annoyed that I spent 1h yesterday chasing O2 for full refund during my lunch and had to sneek in a phone call back from O2 to fight for my money between teaching my students.

I have given another account to email my £777.99 to but it could be 10 days before I get my cash back! I can't access the original order number online now its "not available at the moment - try again later".

I was told O2 have received the phone (last Thursday) - that's something - but the doubting Thomas/canny Scot in me will believe it when I see it.

Message 1682 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should I be throwing my note 7 in the bin? Not heard anything back from o2 or UK mail and my pac code has come through and I've moved over to ee. Not quite sure what to do. Refund apparently has been processed already but I've not seen anything in my bank.
Message 1683 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you called our dedicated number to sort out us picking up your Note 7?  0333 234 1457

Get involved:

Message 1684 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby I have been waiting 4 days for a call from UKMail that I was supposed to get MAX 2 days ago.  O2 even had the audacity to make marketting calls and ask me if I am aware of the Note 7 issue without bothering to check that I've already contacted you 5 times, that I was supposed to have a call back 3 days ago about a very specific enquiry, and had my pick-up booked and contract cancelled on the 23rd.  So not only are customers fighting for O2 to do their jobs in the first place but also O2 have demonstrated AGAIN that there is no care or consideration or even the most basic level of courtesy involved when they DO bother to make contact.

I moved on to a SIM only deal but it looks like I will just be switching over to a different provider altogether.  You've managed to injure you customers, pour salt in those wounds AND insult them.  I will be emailing the CEO and sending in another complaint and looking into further action.  This is ridiculous.  

Message 1685 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting. Send me a PM and I'll ask for some details in order to escalate it and get you an update

Get involved:

Message 1686 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I'm in the same boat as you. Booked the phone in to be picked up 3+ weeks ago - no calls. Complaint send in - no reply (as of yet - they have acknowledged receipt of it though)

Have ordered the Iphone 7+128GB with o2 again - not through choice of my own but sadly only network provider that I can get signal with at home 😞 now a 4 week wait to get another phone... ZzZzZZzZZZzzzz

Message 1687 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for the delay in you getting an update. We have raised your delay with the team and will try to update you asap.

Get involved:

Message 1688 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone else get a SEVEN HUNDRED POUND bill as a little gift from o2 this month?

Message 1689 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Ouch!
What's that bill for (as if I need to ask)!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1690 of 1,893