Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

pr3cociousmous3
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fingers crossed... getting a call from outbound in the next 5 mins
Message 1031 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone who has the Note 7 already and are waiting to hear from o2/waiting for replacement.. what date did you pre-order? Curious as to whether there is an actual list they are working from or if it is random..

I preordered the 20th and have literally heard nothing..

Message 1032 of 1,893

pr3cociousmous3
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok, getting my replacement tomorrow - I asked if they needed all the accessories and they said if I could that would be great. They didn't seem too committed about requiring them though
Message 1033 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
I preordered on the 19th. Haven't heard a thing. Strongly worded letter went off to the CEO and company secretary today.
Message 1034 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
O
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1035 of 1,893

saraD
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well 3rd time lucky i hope i finally got my replacement on thursday morning all seemed great till around 9pm when it was dark left hand side well bad all the light shining through the side even when it was on lock screen u could see the green coming through off the phone icon got a replacement coming tomorrow morning this nightmare seems to keep going on 😞

Message 1036 of 1,893

prototype89
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If its of any comfort to anyone, the staff from my o2 store also have no idea when their own personal Note 7s would be replaced and were annoyed/ jealous that I had got mine already.

Message 1037 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I pre-ordered on the 18th and did all the chasing - never got a call from this alleged team, even got told at a point that there isn't a list, so who knows what's true and what's not at this point.  In the end a manager booked the swap for me (after I kicked off).

Message 1038 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144179 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
O

I'm waiting for the punchline @Glory1 Confused

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1039 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
No punchline @MI5 an unfortunate slip of the finger oops 😂
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1040 of 1,893