Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

pr3cociousmous3
  • 41 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@prototype89 i'll just sit here rocking backwards and forwards, weeping and waiting for my manager callback wink

Message 861 of 1,893

prototype89
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pr3cociousmous3 I think we all need to get together and form a support group. It's the only way we're going to get through this!

Message 862 of 1,893

saraD
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

finally they sorted mine out just got tracking number and will be with me pre 10.30am constant pestering them every day and then telling them to cancel my contract today and they found the stock god knows where to stop me canceling hope every one gets sorted soon its gone on long enough

Message 863 of 1,893

pr3cociousmous3
  • 41 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@prototype89 note7 survivors group. I like it...

Message 864 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saraD was your tracking number from UK Mail by any chance?

I got a tracking number via text from UK Mail that says parcel has been collected and will be with me Fri.  I haven't ordered anything else, plus this is consistent with what the advisor told me over the phone when I rang up yesterday to make sure my swap arranged via Live Chat on Monday was legit.  

But instead of getting a confirmation email from O2, I got an email from that same Live Chat advisor (extremely badly written btw...) basically saying there is no stock and I will NOT get it when promised (between 1-3 working days, the last of which is tomorrow). 

O2 can expect all hell to break lose tomorrow at 9am sharp. I will aslo be inboxing the CEO. Finding his email will NOT be a problem for someone on a mission.  Some a**es need to be lit.

Message 865 of 1,893

saraD
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my tracking is with dpd as its a before 10.30 am as ukmail cant get it to me where i live at that time for some reason

Message 866 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

So rang up o2 and was told customer services would phone me back that day. 2 days later still waiting for a call whilst I am paying for a dangerous phone that could explode, have no spare phone and no offer of a replacement whilst I wait. 

Message 867 of 1,893

Cmorebutt6969
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone had a think about this Samsung update about only letting the battery charge to only 60%. Especially that batteries are only exploding while charging Samsung are now getting you to change your phone more.

In the US carriers are phoning there customers and messaging and getting them to change there phones over.
And over here we get 1 text message.

I'm thinking of cancelling mine now anyway with the amount of playing around o2 are doing u don't have confidence in them what so ever.

Plus Samsung are going to wash there hands with this phone because it's all bad press. And maybe release the s8 quicker which means there's not going to be much support for this phone like the note 4.
Plus because it's a phone that's not going to sell many after this recall I believe that the price of this phone will drop so much in the next few month. I'm paying £50 a month i bet you will get it for £30 in a few months.
Like I said before. I have a replacement phone but it's broken and I can't be bothered to transfer over my data for the 4 time.

For people in the forum.
I have sent this forum link to Samsung and some newspapers and to o2.
I have had a reply from Samsung. That says this shouldn't happen and they are now looking into it.
O2 replied with we will call you soon.
I have also sent the link to trading standards so keep adding your complaints on here please.
Message 868 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been following this thread from the start and posted a couple of times with regards to this fiasco. Basically guys i have had enough with O2 & Samsung. Next month LG have a new device LgV20 time to change brand & also time to change my provider........ O2 this is "POOR COSTUMER SERVICE".

Message 869 of 1,893

Cmorebutt6969
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 23 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So funny sitting in a que waiting to cancel and the song playing
Is your life in danger ( are they really taking the p***)
Message 870 of 1,893