Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A50 now available on O2!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys! 

Good news again for Samsung lovers: the Samsung Galaxy A50 is now available for O2 customers in black, blue and white👍

The phone features a triple camera to make your photos stand out, and better security thanks to the on-screen fingerprint sensor.

Photo of Samsung Galaxy A50 in different colours

Take your photo skills to the next level

The A50 features a triple camera, to really make your photos stand out. With Ultra Low Light capability, a Depth lens and an Ultra Wide lens, you can capture every moment exactly as you see it, wherever you are, day or night. And thanks to the 25MP front facing cam, you’ll get the best looking selfies too.

Enjoy every detail

With a 6.4 inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, you’ll be able to appreciate every little detail, as the Samsung Galaxy A50 brings your pictures and movies to life, in brilliant colours and high contrast.

Keep going and going and going

With a massive 4000 mAh battery, the A50 won’t let you down. And if you do ever find yourself in need of a boost, it’s got fast charging, so you can top up in no time.

Stay safe and secure

The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with some top notch security technology, meaning you, and only you, can access your device. Keeping your private things private. And the fingerprint sensor is built into the display, for quick, easy access.

Don’t forget your Custom Plan:

We're putting you in control of your phone plan. So you can choose how much you pay upfront, how much data you need, and how long you want to pay off your phone for. Choose anywhere between 3 and 36 months – the total cost of your device will be the same. Changed your mind? No problem. You can flex your data allowance up and down, once a month. And if you fancy upgrading, just pay off your Device Plan at any time and choose a new phone.

Let us know in the comments what you think about this phone and its features, and if you're looking forward to getting one yourself? slight_smile

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Ah that is brilliant ~ Thank you for the information @MI5 

I would never get a finger print cool

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am an iPhone lover but that looks like a nice phone. Especially the blue version. Fingerprint ID is old tech now 😂 the only reasons I don’t like Samsung is Android & all the different settings. I got all confused. I prefer the very old Samsung’s like the X460 & the D900i
Message 12 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous Thank you for your post ~ just as well fingerprint id is old tech in my case anywayslight_smile

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

It does have facial recognition too which would be the best option for me. As a motor mechanic (technician these days) for many years, my fingerprints were burned off by many an exhaust manifold and by day upon day of welding metals to the underside of vehicles.

Travelling to the USA and other countries where fingerprints are taken is a nightmare as I have none rofl

Message 14 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Thought so and thank you @jonsie 

@MI5  also mentioned could use pin too.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 15 of 23

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Decided to pay a visit to the 02 shop in town this morning before work to look at the A50 and loved it.

Didnt buy one though because like we know pay&go phones need £10 top up which i didnt want being sim free slight_smile

I could play on phone but couldnt hold it or see back so left 02 shop and went carphonewarehouse and i could hold phone and see back slight_smile

Can confirm the back was full of greasy marks from people handling it so that told me it easily marks.

This wouldnt worry me because it would be protected with a case . 

Its a lovely phone so may treat myself soon but not from the above 2 stores. 

Phone was more expensive in carphonewarehouse than if i had bought from 02 with £10 top up haha.  

Message 16 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Hope you get it soon and can review it for us sweat_smile

joy It will be me asking for help on here Whistle

Message 18 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 348 Solutions

Hello @Marjo 

Samsung Galaxy A50 and A70

I went into town today to visit Samsung.  I wanted to view the Samsung A50.

Arriving at the store they had all the mobile phones in rows  ~ lovely!

They had the A40 A50 and A70

The A50 is very nice ~ took some photos and fiddled around with it very nice

screen res. camera good slim light great!

The A70 it makes the A50 look small.

The A70 isn't too big for my hand and I liked the size.

As you probably know (by now) I have the Lumia 640 Microsoft Android mobile which is not

going to be supported end of this year.

Samsung said that they would take that in for £50.00 against either of those phones.

I thought Thinking  "are you sure"!

Any way  they looked at it etc., it is in very good condition ~ so they said yes £50.00 but

they couldn't offer any further discount as the phone wasn't worth anything extra ! Grumpy

This is not unknown to me. relieved

Few photos (bit shaky) but anyway

WP_20190515_11_02_09_Pro (2).jpg WP_20190515_11_02_30_Pro (2).jpg WP_20190515_11_01_30_Pro (2).jpg          WP_20190515_11_02_27_Pro (2).jpg

Now I have to "get behind me greedy thinks  innocent" and decide A50 or A70 which is the most suitable to me.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for posting photos from your visit @TallTrees ! slight_smile Looking forward to hearing which one you'll end up choosing! 

If anyone else here on the community has experience on both of these phones to compare, feel free to share in case it helps @TallTrees . slight_smile

@Poppysmum Just echoing what @jonsie  said above, I'd love to see a review too. slight_smile

Message 20 of 23