Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A50 now available on O2!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys! 

Good news again for Samsung lovers: the Samsung Galaxy A50 is now available for O2 customers in black, blue and white👍

The phone features a triple camera to make your photos stand out, and better security thanks to the on-screen fingerprint sensor.

Photo of Samsung Galaxy A50 in different colours

Take your photo skills to the next level

The A50 features a triple camera, to really make your photos stand out. With Ultra Low Light capability, a Depth lens and an Ultra Wide lens, you can capture every moment exactly as you see it, wherever you are, day or night. And thanks to the 25MP front facing cam, you’ll get the best looking selfies too.

Enjoy every detail

With a 6.4 inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, you’ll be able to appreciate every little detail, as the Samsung Galaxy A50 brings your pictures and movies to life, in brilliant colours and high contrast.

Keep going and going and going

With a massive 4000 mAh battery, the A50 won’t let you down. And if you do ever find yourself in need of a boost, it’s got fast charging, so you can top up in no time.

Stay safe and secure

The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes with some top notch security technology, meaning you, and only you, can access your device. Keeping your private things private. And the fingerprint sensor is built into the display, for quick, easy access.

Don’t forget your Custom Plan:

We're putting you in control of your phone plan. So you can choose how much you pay upfront, how much data you need, and how long you want to pay off your phone for. Choose anywhere between 3 and 36 months – the total cost of your device will be the same. Changed your mind? No problem. You can flex your data allowance up and down, once a month. And if you fancy upgrading, just pay off your Device Plan at any time and choose a new phone.

Let us know in the comments what you think about this phone and its features, and if you're looking forward to getting one yourself? slight_smile

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

As I need to change my mobile phone end of this year as Microsoft will not be supporting/updating software anymore.

I have been looking at this phone ~ reading about it. 

I am really hoping that one of the Community will post a short but meaninful review for

a person like myself to understand the benefits and/or the disadvantages.

I have a lumia 640 at present ~ it's ok but I am using my phone more now for everything.

I don't think this Samsung will break the bank either.  I will buy it outright.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As a mid range phone, this would tick all my boxes for my normal day to day usage. I like the big screen too so maybe once I get to Thailand I will be in a position to treat myself at the lower prices over there.

Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Looking forward to hearing your comments about this phone if you end up getting it @TallTrees  & @jonsie ! slight_smile

@TallTrees You mentioned you nowadays use your current phone for "everything" - what's the most important feature that you'd need from the new phone? slight_smile

@jonsie I also like big screens, so after reading your comment I checked my current screen size which I thought was already very big (it's 5.5 inches) to compare. This new one seems awesome, 6.4 inches.  thumbsup

Message 5 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

I thought it was a good size screen. Seems the battery is also long lasting.

Fast Charging.  Better still if it is cheaper in Thailand.  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 6 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

An online review here from TechRadar

https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/samsung-galaxy-a50

Thank you once again ~ will read this carefully @jonsie 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

Well I am a very low user Data Text Phone however it is my main communication system.

Never use the landline anymore.  It only rings when a scammer is trying to get me!!rage

I use my phone in the evenings instead of my Computer through my WiFi home connection, 

because it is handy but a bit small.

I thought the Samsung A50 is a  good size not quite a tablet but nicer than a small screen

mobile.

For everything is ~

I  use it to telephone people.

I use it to text friends

I use Mobile data on the go to check things 

and I use it much more to photograph

and now video ~ it is in my pocket so it gets used  "for everything"

Don't use it to pay probably never will ~ think it is too dodgy.

I never play games either.

On the new phone Samsung A50  my main feature would be

the screen size is no. 1

and the camera no. 2 

hopefully it will function much better than my simple Lumia 640

I am making my mind up before too long!  

I may even contemplate a little post of how I feel about my new S. A50!  

That will be "stepping out"

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 23

TallTrees
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

This is perhaps an odd query but you may be able to "handle" it @jonsie 

The Samsung A50 has fingerprint recognition which is ok ~  I am always dubious about this

anyway ~ tech problems or glitches.  Anyway because I work in the garden alot my finger prints are knackered really I could post you an example but I don't want to shock you! The soil dries the tips of the fingers up and then they crack  ~ well you would probably know when you were working on cars etc.

That would be funny if I had no finger tip to recognise!  What is your view?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fingerprint recognition is optional, not compulsory. You can still choose PIN or pattern unlock methods.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23