Did you mean: 

Roam like at home goes live today!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I have some fantastic news for those who are lucky enough to be off on their summer holidays soon! You can now use your phone abroad in our Europe Zone destinations as you would in the UK at no extra cost. Billed as the biggest EU regulatory change we have ever undertaken, you can travel to 47 European destinations without incurring roaming charges.

Your data, minutes and text allowances will work in O2’s Europe Zone destinations just like they do at home. If you go over your allowances you can add a data bolt on as you would in the UK and your minutes/texts will be charged at the standard domestic retail rate.

Check out the community roaming guides for contract and pay as you go

There's also some info on the O2 website here

Is anyone off on holiday soon and will be taking advantage of roaming?

What devices will you be roaming on? 

Will you be using roaming for work or a personal holiday? 

Let us know in the comments below slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's a great question @MI5 I'll add it to the list. If there are any clashes with previous account setups that need to be changed I'll find out. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Throttled as a generic term rather than a deliberate process....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 31

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Going to visit Germany (Cologne) in the next couple of months so I get to try this too soon. slight_smile

Message 23 of 31

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Berlin was one of the better roaming experiences for me. Hopefully Cologne will be the same. Enjoy 🌞

Message 24 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 I've had a few responses to roaming questions today and I can confirm that there will be no conflict between O2 Travel and roam like at home in Europe. So you can have O2 Travel active and it wont effect your roaming in Europe as O2 Travel only applies when outside the covered European countries. 

signature

Message 25 of 31

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good to know but I guess we still need to know why speeds are so slow?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@MI5 I'll see if there is an official response to the speed question but I believe it's already been confirmed that the speeds are not being throttled or restricted based on usage. 

signature

Message 27 of 31

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@MI5 I'll see if there is an official response to the speed question but I believe it's already been confirmed that the speeds are not being throttled or restricted based on usage. 

That is correct Martin, but users are still reporting 0.2mbps speeds.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 31

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Understood, thanks @MI5 wink

signature

Message 29 of 31

Luke198823
Level 3: Thinker
  • 69 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi will Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Monaco and Switerland be put in the en costs on pay as you go?

Message 30 of 31