Did you mean: 

Review and win an O2 Pocket Hotspot

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Wish you had one of our Pocket Hotspots in your pocket? Well, your wish can come true…

Always wanted to write a techie review? Love winning stuff? Here’s a fantastic opportunity, just for you Community members to review & maybe even go on to win an O2 Pocket Hotspot. We’ve got our hands on a bunch of Pocket Hotspots that we’d like you to review. All you have to do is, tell us why you’d like to review the small yet powerful gizmo and how can it change your day-to-day life?

As we've said, the competition is open to all members of the O2 Community and will close at 8PM on Friday 10th August 2012. We’ll then select three lucky people who’ll then review our gadget for a week. Once the three reviews have been completed, they’ll be posted in the O2 Community, in their own words, and share the experiences with our amazing little gizmo. And out of those three, the community member with the best review will win an O2 Pocket Hotspot.

Any Q’s let me know and if you’re all clear then, go go go – all the best folks!

pockethotspot.png

Thanks

Abs

NOTE: The competition has been extended so more community members can participate. The closure will be at 8PM on 10th of August slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

No good for me at the moment. I've been moving round the country and having to use another network for 3g. O2 has only worked for a quater of the locations (3 out of 12) whilst the unamed network has worked in all of them.

Message 81 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I wonder where this £1,000,000 per day is being spent ?

Message 82 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

o2mach2 did you see my off topic thread just done a 3g speedtest in a non 3g area according to the coverage maps.

But to answer your £1million question guess in the congested areas of London etc and a bit of rural expansion

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 84 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

And who are the lucky winners to test the device 3 have been chosen but who is getting a special delivery tommrow? wink

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 85 of 109

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

o2mach2 did you see my off topic thread just done a 3g speedtest in a non 3g area according to the coverage maps.

But to answer your £1million question guess in the congested areas of London etc and a bit of rural expansion

Yes I saw that.

Reason I question where it's being spent is that it's so easy for large companies to spout massive spending figures and at the end of the financial year nobody seems to check their veracity.

Logically, can Telefonica afford to spend £260,000,000 a year (52 x 5 working days) on their mobile network or more to the point, why should it be necessary for them to spend that amount ? If it's on maintenance then God help those on O2 and if it's on new hardware and software......then they must be so far behind their competitors, why bother ?

Message 87 of 109

MI5
  • 144717 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27733 Solutions
I wonder if any of the "winners" were long serving members of the community who have helped out hundereds of O2 customers with issues that O2 couldn't fix......??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 88 of 109

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@O2MACH2 wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Yes I saw that.

Reason I question where it's being spent is that it's so easy for large companies to spout massive spending figures and at the end of the financial year nobody seems to check their veracity.

Logically, can Telefonica afford to spend £260,000,000 a year (52 x 5 working days) on their mobile network or more to the point, why should it be necessary for them to spend that amount ? If it's on maintenance then God help those on O2 and if it's on new hardware and software......then they must be so far behind their competitors, why bother ?

The overall figure covers our network infrastructure, maintenance, upgrades, optimisation and regular roll-outs. We’ve introduced 3G onto our superfast 900MHz spectrum in many cities across the UK and our aim is to eventually match our 2G coverage footprint with U900 within the next 2-3 years.

It is necessary for us to prioritise our investments to those areas where it’s most needed - this may include factors such as number of customers and number of cell-sites that already exist in a particular area. Sadly, it’s not feasible to provide a list of those locations or commit to when a particular area will have an upgrade as planning processes can be lengthy and complicated. However, we update our coverage checker online when a new site is built and you can find more details on our network here: http://www.o2.co.uk/network

Thanks, Abs

Message 90 of 109