Did you mean: 

Review and win an O2 Pocket Hotspot

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Wish you had one of our Pocket Hotspots in your pocket? Well, your wish can come true…

Always wanted to write a techie review? Love winning stuff? Here’s a fantastic opportunity, just for you Community members to review & maybe even go on to win an O2 Pocket Hotspot. We’ve got our hands on a bunch of Pocket Hotspots that we’d like you to review. All you have to do is, tell us why you’d like to review the small yet powerful gizmo and how can it change your day-to-day life?

As we've said, the competition is open to all members of the O2 Community and will close at 8PM on Friday 10th August 2012. We’ll then select three lucky people who’ll then review our gadget for a week. Once the three reviews have been completed, they’ll be posted in the O2 Community, in their own words, and share the experiences with our amazing little gizmo. And out of those three, the community member with the best review will win an O2 Pocket Hotspot.

Any Q’s let me know and if you’re all clear then, go go go – all the best folks!

pockethotspot.png

Thanks

Abs

NOTE: The competition has been extended so more community members can participate. The closure will be at 8PM on 10th of August slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

I travel around the country (and Europe) every day of the working week with my two laptops and tablet computer relying on third party hotspots or public wifi to communicate back to the office. I would be able to vigerously test this device on a daily basis handling many types of data from multimedia to sql database's and would love to review it for you.

Message 21 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you should pick me because I love leaving reviews for new and exciting gadgets this handy little gadget would never leave my side as I'm always looking for hotspots not many round my area and this little gadget would do the trick for me would not have to go looking it will be with me all the time please let it be me
Message 22 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

id like to review a pocket hotspot because my ipad has never left the house since i bought it & i think it deserves to see some sunshine(rain) on a beach  

Message 23 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love the opportunity to review this piece of kit, whether at home, work or at my study class this would make my life on the go easier and more accessible. I use both mobile and tablet devices but my tablet device is wifi only, tethering to this portable hotspot would allow me to access data while on the move, which means access to my home Internet connected storage device, giving me instant access to documents, pictures, music on the go.

Message 24 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I have unlimited internet while I test it???Smiley Very Happy

ps I am presuming this device finds wifi hotspots not some kind of massage device??Smiley Embarassed

Message 25 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to test one of the Wifi Hotspots.

Between PC's, consoles, laptops, tablets and phones theres no shortage of bandwidth hungry gadgets in my life, having a wifi hotspot in my pocket would greatly improve things. (No more asking the other half to stop downloading just to check facebook.)

And then in work, no more corporate network to stop me wifi'ing my way around the web. I'll never have to miss another item on ebay again.

Message 26 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I have unlimited internet while I test it???Smiley Very Happy

ps I am presuming this device finds wifi hotspots not some kind of massage device??Smiley Embarassed

no it creates a wifi hotspot from the o2 mobile data network to allow 5 devices to connect 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 27 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't mind giving this ago, if only to escape the clutches of the BT Openzone wifi network that constantly hijacks my phone and it never fecken works.

I commute everyday, and end up having to keep my wifi switched off on the iPhone/iPad as it keeps latching onto the BT network. I dread seeing that network in my wifi selections. But if I had my own hotspot O2 hotspot, then hopefully these issues would disappear. Would be interesting to see how it peforms against other mifi devices and other networks. 

What's happening with the 4G trial?

Message 28 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now you have me interested, 5 devices at once for the cost of one i-pad tariff!

Message 29 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I would love to review the hotspot.  I have just got a new laptop to do my business & finance course that requires me to do a lot of research and submitting papers, in an around my normal full time job.  I dont have an internet connection at work I can hook up to on my lunch break and I go to the library for peace and quiet to write.  Two places that I could try this out.  

I'm an avid camper and take the tent with the family regularly at weekends (next one booked is August Bank Holiday), so another chance to test outdoors and on the go.

Last but not least, my 60 year old mother is now off work and on long term sick leave and is eager to get "into the internet" (like its a new thing!). She has a laptop now and is currently looking into getting mobile internet at home as opposed to a fixed broadband line at her house. I even said to her to get a hotspot and not a dongle! This would be perfect chance to test the device as more of a fixed alternative to an ADSL or Cable broadband. 

With a keen interest in everything tech and the combination of test opportunities above, I would make the perfect reviewer!

Message 30 of 109