Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team

Rain & your phone!

[ Edited ]

Have you been looking at the weather recently? Feeling gutted, as it has been pouring 24X7.

"Rain rain go away my phone doesn't want to come out and play!" Not anymore, check out this cool concept -   

Highlighted
Topics: 575

Re: Rain & your phone!

Mnn....this would put a Anovo out of business with their classic 'water damage'. This should become a standard feature on all phones but you just know it won't.

Highlighted
Anonymous

That's been a long time coming to market.
I remember seeing something like that on tomorrows world about 20 years ago.
Wasn't a mobile in a fish tank, IIRC it was someone holding a mains powered electric drill in a fish tank.  Smiley Surprised

Highlighted

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team

If you were given a chance of testing it, how would you do it Jonsie? (I look forward to your extreme testing techniques Smiley Wink)
Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:

.......... it was someone holding a mains powered electric drill in a fish tank.  Smiley Surprised

It was the electric drill I wouldn't want to test but the waterproof phone would have been handy in Thailand last year. We had to change hotels because the first one we were in was underwater during the floods!

Highlighted
Topics: 247

A phone that can swim, I want one! Smiley Very Happy

An electric drill for underwater use, no don't need that.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6

I think all manufacturers of mobile phones and any portable battery powered electronic equipment ( dslr, compact cameras, mp3 etc) should use this product the many benefits are obvious and will make portable electronic device last longer.  Lasting longer would be good for the environment but hit the profits of the companies that deploy the use of the product.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 247

What's the betting that some large manufacturer will buy out this company, and lock the product away never to be seen again?

I can't see anyone of them wanting this on the market, or maybe I'm just an old cynic, it's happened before though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1