Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 0
Kudos: 20

Re: RCS Messaging on O2

[ Edited ]

@pgn wrote:

Love the flashy scrolling text in your signature, @Chris_K!

• Re RCS - will this mean no more premium charge for sending an SMS that unintentionally gets converted to an MMS?

I tried the Google Messenger app a phone or two back (perhaps 4 years ago?), didn't like it and reverted to the default SMS app, "Messaging" - something to do with working while roaming back then, I think.

Anyway - I may try it again when O2 roll out RCS to those with OnePlus phones...

o2 may not roll RCS out, but if Google's actions have finally tipped their hand, then that's a good thing.

Try the Google Messages app again, it has been updated considerably since you last tried it which was just after it was released by the looks of it (November 2014) and has started receiving a lot of the features that were in Allo which is good.  It shouls work fine on OnePlus devices. 

There's still some features missing of course, but with any luck Google will continue to bring features (apparently scheduled messaging and end-to-end encryption is on the list) but as more people use it, more pressure can be applied on Google to implement features people really want.

Google Pixel 3 XL, Android Q beta 4
Topics: 33
Kudos: 56

I really can't see why O2 would want to object to expanding their network capabilities and improving customer satisfaction by implementing RCS. I hope they go ahead and implement the service.

O2 have told me on Twitter that they are working hard to ensure their messaging service is exactly what customers want and need and there will be more information on RCS over the summer. I'm kind of seeing this as good news because they probably wouldn't say this if they weren't going to implement it? Who knows though. Guess it's a waiting game!
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

If you read @Chris_K's signature up above, you'll find he is a member of O2's Social Media (Twitter, FB, Instagram, & c) Team, @SamsungFanBoy. Perhaps it is him you've been conversing with 👍

Will make a better attempt to try Google Messenger again - I wonder if it is compatible with my SMS text backup tool:

Screenshot_20190619-204302__01.jpg

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

I just use Samsung Cloud to back up my SMS. I didn't actually know you could use an external app for SMS back up. Smiley Happy
Topics: 532

@pgn wrote:

If you read @Chris_K's signature up above, you'll find he is a member of O2's Social Media (Twitter, FB, Instagram, & c) Team, @SamsungFanBoy. Perhaps it is him you've been conversing with 👍

Will make a better attempt to try Google Messenger again - I wonder if it is compatible with my SMS text backup tool:

Screenshot_20190619-204302__01.jpg

Auto backup routines don't work for me but I do it manually once a week and it's fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Level 1: Joiner

So, I decided to try the beta for Android and didn't like it, so I had to reset my pixel 3a to go back to Android 9 Pie, and now Chat Features are not enabled any more, nor can I enable them by going into settings. Anyone offer any advice?

Have you got all updates installed and the latest Google messages app?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Topics: 100
Ideas: 2

@MI5 wrote:

@pgn wrote:

Auto backup routines don't work for me but I do it manually once a week and it's fine.

Well, this Google e-mail will speed up my Google Messenger (and my evaluation of Rich Communication Services, or RCS) research, methinks, @MI5 and @Chris_K @@..Astounded

Screenshot_20190625-210452__01.jpg

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

Yeah, I just had the same email

Currently using: