Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ today on O2

It's a beautiful phone. Very expensive but based on how I use my phone worth it to me. Shame I have just over a year on my present contract. Hopefully there'll be an S10 when my contract is up next year that is as beautiful.

I particulary like the internal memory of 128gb. Which is not the 32gb suspected. As the S8/S8+ and the Note 8 have internal memories of 64gb why would Samsung reduce rather than increase the internal memory in a new phone, or if not increase then maintain 64gb.

I also like the twin speakers as I play music a lot on my phone.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Anonymous

So I was over the moon about this phone dropping, then I saw that O2 want £60 upfront, I've been with O2 for over a decade and seeing these prices there is almost no reason to upgrade let alone stay with O2 when existing customers get no perks or incentives to stay.

Very disappointed.
Highlighted
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,116
Blog Posts: 2

I agree with you @Anonymous but it's O2's policy to treat all customers the same which means deals are the same whether you are a new customer or whether you've been with O2 for years. There is no customer loyalty anymore.

What you have to decide, as a long-term O2 customer, is can I get a better deal elsewhere and, most important of all, will I have the same coverage as I do with O2. If the answer is yes to both then you leave O2. If you can get a better deal but coverage is not as good, then you stay with O2.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

There aren't even any freebies, ie earphones or Gear Vr or the sort of stuff they'd have included in the past. As for the 50% off a £70 wireless charger that was previously £39.99 and can be had for under £30 elsewhere, nice try O2!

Highlighted
Topics: 561

Highlighted

For the last two months O2 have been pestering me to upgrade early, even offering to pay off the remainder of my handset balance which was £60 at the time but I was waiting for the release of this so couldn't take their offer. I have £30 remaining which will be paid off tomorrow so I asked them what deals they can do me. 

The tariff I was looking at was £52.00 a month and £70 upfront.

O2: "Sorry, it's a new handset, we can't offer any discounts"

Me: "You were offering to pay off £60 for my current handset if I upgraded back in Jan, can't you knock that off the up front cost?"

O2: "Sorry, we can't offer any discounts on a new handset"

Me: "I can login now and it's offering me an early upgrade and you'll pay off the £30 that's remaining, so clearly you can offer discounts. I can't take that one up though because my Direct Debit is due out tomorrow"

O2: "sorry, we can't offer any discounts"

Me: "fine, I'll shop around elsewhere"

Highlighted
Topics: 561

Highlighted
Topics: 543

Never been known to give any sort of discount at launch of a new device. Wait 3 months and they'll be giving them away.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 708

Sounds as if @danmoz98 was dealing with a robot. Only capable of uttering one sentence...Rolleys

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

If the S9 had been available to pre-order 2 months ago I could have taken their offer to pay off the remaining £60 on my current handset and taken the S9 as the upgrade. I was able to do that up until a few days ago when there was only £30 remaining.

Now I've paid off the balance of my existing handset, them knocking £60 off the upfront handset cost would have been exactly the same as them paying off the £60 remaining on my S7.