cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Everyone,

Phishing scams are nothing new, they're the bane of all or email inboxes, unfortunately some do try and use our name and recently we've had a few reports of one particular scam, so we thought it would be a good time for a little update.

We've done a blog here http://news.o2.co.uk/2014/05/29/phishing-alert-may-2014/

In the Blog it links to another article with specifics on the reporting side, but if you guys have any hints or tips to share feel free to do so.

Thanks

Brad

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Thank you for your thoughts and I hope you become a regular member here. slight_smile
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi and welcome to the community @Anonymous slight_smile

It's good to share experiences and you are quite right, it's the vulnerable that are at risk from these scams. Hope more people come across this when browsing the forum and it helps to make people more aware.

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome from me also. Thanks for letting us know of your scam. The more people that report these the better chance of getting them shut down

Sadly though...as soon as fraud depts shut these conmen down, another bunch pop up. Getting more and more sophisticated slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all who has replied and made me feel welcome here.

I am glad I have found this forum and at least been able to help share my story as well. (even if we can stop one or two getting scammed from this thread then it is worth while) It is all about spreading the word, and this is pretty much what these threads do along with the advice that O2 have written up on what to look for and avoid etc.

You all seem like a good bunch from what I have read so far and that certainly goes a long way(sticking together, and trying to help others). Having the ability to share the good and the bad here and being able to openly discuss it in a civil manner is also great as well, so I really look forward to many more conversations/debates/jokes to be had here, so hopefully speak to you all again soon.

Gav.

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here , here. slight_smile
Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also Gav, please come back and join in with the community...

If Lady Technophobia (i.e. ME)... can contribute here.... then I am sure you can... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16