Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans"

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

rolling-plan-curved-header-xxl-2000-270922.jpg

It's an exciting day. Today we're launching "Rolling Plans", a new Pay As You Go tariff that offers a new, contract-free way for customers to stay connected flexibly and minimise the need for manual top-ups.

More info on Rolling Plans

O2 Rolling Plans offer a new, contract-free way for customers to stay connected flexibly without needing to remember to top-up every month. Like our Big Bundle tariffs, Rolling Plans include allowances for minutes, texts and data – with options that include minutes for international calls from the UK to 42 countries (both mobile and landline). Rolling plans come with enhanced allowances - making them great value for money.

When you choose a Rolling plan, you set up paying for your monthly allowances using a credit or debit card. Once that’s done, your monthly payment will be taken automatically to make sure you always get your allowances – but there’s no contract. You’re in control and can choose to stop your Rolling plan any time - or switch to one of our Big Bundles. And if you need to start another Rolling Plan allowance early – for example, if you use all your data – no problem, you’ll be able to buy a new one to start any time.

rollingplans.gif

Getting set up with a Rolling Plans

Existing Pay As You Go customers will be able to use their existing SIM to register for Rolling Plans. New Pay As You Go customers can request a Rolling Plans SIM pack by getting in touch with our customer services or by visiting one of our stores. All customers must complete their Rolling plan set up on My O2.

What Rolling Plans are available?

All our Rolling Plans include unlimited minutes and texts, and we have anywhere from 10 to 150GB depending on your needs and budget. Currently we have the following tariffs available, but this can change with future offers so you'll always find the most up-to-date plans here, so please check it out.

• 10GB for £10
  • 25GB for £15
  • 50GB for £20
  • 150GB for £30

Rolling Plans FAQ's

See below an extensive list of FAQ's related to Roaming Plans. If you don't find your answer there, please feel free to ask in the comments below.

More info

Q. How do I order a free sim?

A. You can order a free sim for a Big Bundle or Rolling plan. Both are contract-free. Just choose the one best for you, enter your details, and we'll send you your free sim card. If you order your free sim Sunday–Thursday before 2pm, you'll receive it the next working day.

Q. What are Rolling plans?

A. A Rolling plan is a contract-free way for you to stay connected – without the need to top up. Rolling plans include an allowance for minutes, texts, and data. Extra options include minutes for international calls from the UK to 42 countries.

With a Rolling plan, you set up paying for your monthly allowance using your debit or credit card. Your monthly payment will be taken automatically, and your allowance will refresh. You can carry over up to 100% unused allowance, so you never lose out. You're in control and are free to change or stop your Rolling plan at any time.

Q. What's the difference between a Big Bundle and a Rolling plan?

A. Our Big Bundles and Rolling plan both give you an allowance for call minutes, texts, and data. With a Big Bundle, you top up each month, and we exchange the credit for your chosen Big Bundle.

With a Rolling plan, there’s no need to top up. You set up paying for your monthly allowance using your debit or credit card. Your monthly payment will be taken automatically, and your allowance will refresh. You can carry over up to 100% unused allowance, so you never lose out. You're in control and are free to change or stop your Rolling plan at any time.

Q. Do I need a contract and credit check for a Rolling plan?

A. No. Rolling plans are contract-free, and there's no credit check. You can choose to stop your Rolling plan at any time. If you do, you'll keep any allowances you've paid for. There's no minimum period to commit to.

Q. How does my Rolling plan payment work?

A. When you set up your Rolling plan, we'll safely store your debit or credit card details. We'll notify you four days before your next Rolling plan payment is due every month.

Q. Can I keep my number?

A. Yes. If you're moving from another network, we'll need your PAC before you can transfer. Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in a short form to keep your number. Find out more about keeping your number.

Q. Can I change tariff?

A. Yes. To switch to a new tariff, sign in to My O2 or call 2202 free from your O2 phone. You can do this once a month if you want to.

Q. Can I get Priority and other benefits with a Pay As You Go sim card?

A. Get access to all the best bits of O2, like Priority, but with the added benefit of full flexibility. There are no contracts, no credit checks, and the sim is free to order. Plus, you can claim £10 free O2 credit on all Big Bundles and a further £5 when you sign up to My O2.

Q. How can I top my free sim card?

A. You can top up online, or you can: call 4444 from your mobile, or use an E-Top Up card or buy a voucher anywhere you see the green top-up logo, or use the My O2 app

Q. How does data rollover work?

A. Data rollover is available on £10 and higher Big Bundles and Rolling plans. You can roll over up to 100% of your monthly data allowance. For example, if your monthly allowance is 7GB, you can roll over a maximum of 7GB into the next month.

You need to keep the same Bundle or plan and renew on the same date each month, or your data will expire.

Q. Which data Bolt Ons are available?

A. Click here to see our latest range of Pay As You Go data Bolt Ons

Q. Can I roam like at home?

A. Yes. We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our Tariffs. So your data (subject to a roaming limit), minutes and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

As answered in your other post, Volt is not available on any PAYG plan

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 31 of 36

Naz2you
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

ok thank you

Message 32 of 36

isa2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried changing my tariff to a rolling plan but after giving my payment details and approving the transaction in my banking app, I was just given an error message. I tried a few times and was still unsuccessful but the payments are all still pending in my bank account. I was out and desperately needed data so I topped up my account and then found that I had no tariff and was charged 30p for a text! Now I only have £9.70 on my account so I can't top up and O2 has my money! Not sure what to do! 

Message 33 of 36

aplmac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If I decide to migrate to a Rolling Plan, but have a positive balance in my Big Bundle (I top up for a couple of months ahead), will that balance get used first before the CC is debited, or will that balance stay and the RP go straight to the card?

Message 34 of 36

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

Info on the Rolling Plans scheme here, @aplmac https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Pay-As-You-Go-Introducing-quot-Rolling-Plans-quot/m-p/157...

As you can restart a rolling plan at any time, your old PAYG balance should transfer to your Rolling Plan balance, but as it is not explicitly called out above or here ( https://www.o2.co.uk/rolling-plan ), call 4445 or reach out to O2 via Social Media, links below, to be sure.

You definitely will never lose any credit balance when moving between the three types of account with the same provider. Good luck!

Message 35 of 36

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36503 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

@Dave-O2 - is there not a conflict in the FAQs re Rolling Plan?  The payment MUST come from the stored Debit or Credit card every month, but further down the FAQs it talks about top-up without explaining that any top-up will not be used to cover the cost of the plan monthly, just incidental charges, eg MMS, or international calls or texts...?

Very confusing, in need of check and edit, I think:

pgn_0-1712051639667.png

See this query as an example of how misleading those 2 x FAQs are:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/20-rolling-plan/m-p/1706664/highlight/true#M273101

Message 36 of 36