cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our latest update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2Covid.png

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png

Hello everyone. We will update this thread with the latest statements or announcements regarding COVID-19 for our business and our customers. Please see below a message from Mark Evans, O2's CEO, including the steps we're taking for our customers, network, and employees.

Mark Evans, CEO, O2 (Telefonica UK)

We know people are relying on our network more than ever right now and we take that responsibility very seriously. We're monitoring the situation closely so we can make the right decisions. I wanted to share some of the simple but important steps O2 is taking to keep our customers and communities connected. We’ll continue to update this as things evolve. 

Thank you for being with O2. We’ll do everything we can to try and make things easier for you during this difficult time.

Thanks again and take care.

UPDATE 26 March: Today, we announce several more website that we are zero-rating for O2 customers. Theseadditional support and advice websites will help our customers access the support they need, worry free, during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.Full list of websites here.

UPDATE 23 March: 
Effective immediately from this evening to protect our employees and customers, we have decided to close our stores. Our www.o2.co.uk website continues to operate, where we also have a wealth of help and support information, as well as self-serve support.

Gareth_Covid_Stores.png

point_down Steps we’re taking to keep Britain connected when we all need it most point_down

For our customers: 

• You can now access NHS websites without using your data allowance and the 111 helpline has always been free. 
  • You have 24/7 access to your account on My O2 through the app or online. This is the best way to stay in touch and manage any customer service queries.

On our network:    

• We're investing £2 million every single day in our network to make it as reliable as possible.
  • Over the last few days, we've increased our capacity even further, to help handle the extra demand and we’ll continue to do this.

About our shops:

• We’ve closed all O2 shops in the UK now to protect both our customers and our people.
  • We’re protecting our peoples’ base pay whilst our shops are shut.

For businesses and government: 

• We're holding flexible working webinars for hundreds of businesses so they can stay productive.
  • We're working with the government to help them use mobile data and technology to manage the pandemic.

For our people:

• We're updating our people every day and have a dedicated internal helpline for any concerns they have.
  • We've also guaranteed base pay for all staff if they need time off to self-isolate or to look after their family.

We’re asking you to keep customer service lines free for those who need help most: 

• Lockdown measures have meant our call centres are severely restricted. Please support our reduced team by only calling in the most urgent circumstances, like reporting fraud or a stolen phone. For everything else, please try to find answers on our website or through My O2.

O2 Business customer? Read our COVID-19 update for business.

FAQs

Who can I talk to if I have a question?

We’ve followed the government’s guidance and closed our stores, and our Live Chat is currently unavailable. Our phone lines are still open but with reduced opening hours, and because we’re busier than usual, we need to prioritise calls. 

If you’re having problems using your phone or paying your bill, your phone is lost or stolen, or you’re reporting fraudulent activity, we’ll be able to speak to you over the phone.

For anything else, please take a look at our help pages, sign in to My O2 or if you’re a business customer, try My O2 Business.

I don’t know how My O2 works – how can I get help?

Check out our handy How-to guide to get started.

What support services are free to access on O2?

Website Category
1. citizensadvice.org.uk Citizens Advice Financial advice
2. moneyadviceservice.org.uk Financial advice
3. stepchange.org Financial advice
4. samaritans.org Emotional support
5. mind.org.uk Mental health/ emotional support
6. rethink.org Mental health/ emotional support
7. anxietyuk.org.uk Mental health/ emotional support
8. youngminds.org.uk Mental health/ young people
9. mindout.org.uk Mental health/ LGBTQ
10. ageuk.org.uk Older people
11. thesilverline.org.uk Older people
12. themix.org.uk Young people
13. childline.co.uk Children
14. alzheimers.org.uk Health - Alzheimer’s
15. macmillan.org.uk Health -  cancer support
16. asthma.org.uk Health - asthma
17. bhf.org.uk Health - heart
18. diabetes.org.uk Health - diabetes
19. scope.org.uk Disabled people - general
20. rnib.org.uk Disabled people - sight
21. actiononhearingloss.org.uk Disabled people – hearing
22. cruse.org.uk Bereavement

Will this affect the delivery, return or repair of my device or accessory?

Thankfully, many parts of our business are still running as usual. So deliveries, returns and repairs will still happen in the normal timeframe. If this changes, we’ll let you know.

I’m using up my data allowance faster than usual – what can I do?

Take a look at this advice from Ofcom that you may find useful.

Further Info

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update @Chris_K 

For info on Coronavirus check here - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Coronavirus-in-the-UK/td-p/1288793

For info/support on working from home check here - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/The-Working-from-Home-support-thread/td-p/1303530

For reporting/ supporting members who are self-isolating check here - https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Covid-19-Lockdown-And-Self-isolation-Support-Group/td-p/1304...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 43

Luke30
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 389 Posts
  • 131 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the update o2.

LGreenwood
Message 12 of 43

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Effective immediately from this evening to protect our employees and customers, we have decided to close our stores. Our www.o2.co.uk website continues to operate, where we also have a wealth of help and support information, as well as self-serve support.

Gareth_Covid_Stores.png

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 13 of 43

Covid-19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Due to everything going on ,I have been cut from work due to being asthmatic and having to stay home,as been self employed,I have a family of 4 children to support and cant afford to pay my o2 bill ,I now have been cut off from calls and data due to no payment ,but I'm really devastated as I cant go to work to support my children never mind pay the bill ,o2 have not helped me with this situation at all.
Message 14 of 43

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Covid-19 

Have you discussed this with O2?

They did pledge to help people in your situation.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 43

Richard4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Gather live chat is not available at moment
Message 16 of 43

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richard4 

Not much available right now at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Richard4 

Not much available right now at all.

Except us and we have no access to account issues!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 43

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Or knowledge of what the hell is going on with O2 !

Currently using:
Message 19 of 43

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Or knowledge of what the hell is going on with O2 !

certainly no update on that as we race round like headless chickens trying to answer queries. sweat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 43