Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops - Free screen replacement from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We know how much you love your phone. And we know accidents happen. That's why we’re giving you free accidental damage cover, with selected phones and tariffs. This means you'll be covered for up to 24 months, in which time you'll be able to make one claim. So it won't be the end of the world if your brand new phone slips out of your hands... Oops!

Wow, amazing! What phones is this offer available on?!
Glad you asked. You can find a full list of phones this is available on right here

What if I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note8 already?
If you already pre-ordered this online or over the phone on our 30GB or 50GB O2 Refresh tariff, you can get this free cover. Or pay £5 to upgrade it, so you’re also covered if your phone is lost or stolen. Already ordered insurance with your new Note8? Don’t worry, you can switch it. We’ll be in touch, but you can also call us on 03332 341 478 to request your cover now.

If you've ever had your own "Oops" moment, let us know down below. What was my own Oops moment? It happened about 3 weeks ago - my phone was in my hand, I went to turn the lights off to go out with some friends, my phone slipped, and it fell onto the table below. I heard that unmistakable cracking sound and I knew it was bad, before even seeing it. And then I saw the damage and my heart sank. With our Oops free screen replacement on eligible handsets and tariffs, this is a feeling you won't need to worry about!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

is this new contracts and upgrades only or will this also include exsisting? 

Message 2 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

What happens if the phone isn’t covered or is previously insured 

Message 3 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

so looks like its new customers only that take out a contract starting from today on galaxy s8, s8+ note 8 and 1+5.... 

Message 4 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good idea. I've dropped my phone many times and you pick it up with dreaded feeling in your stomach. Luckily I've never broken a screen yet by dropping it thanks mainly I think to always having a decent cover... except for one when it was in my pocket and a car ran into me and we were both dropped from a great height.

Personally I think this could be a good selling point for O2 and I've seen the advert a few times and had the pleasure of a preview later week with the opportunity to express opinions before the first media airing. 

Message 5 of 33

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Great to see everyone's interest, and great to hear your feedback on the advert @jonsie slight_smile Like you I've had a cover on every phone I've ever owned and until my accident about 3 weeks ago, never had a broken screen. Unfortunately my case didn't save me though 😞

We’re giving our customers that purchase a new phone the reassurance that their new device is protected should there be any accidental damage. Existing customers are eligible when they upgrade to selected devices and with our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff customers can pay off the reminder of their Phone Plan and upgrade at any time. Check out eligible devices here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good idea. I've dropped my phone many times and you pick it up with dreaded feeling in your stomach. Luckily I've never broken a screen yet by dropping it thanks mainly I think to always having a decent cover... except for one when it was in my pocket and a car ran into me and we were both dropped from a great height.

Personally I think this could be a good selling point for O2 and I've seen the advert a few times and had the pleasure of a preview later week with the opportunity to express opinions before the first media airing. 

Though it wouldn't be any good for those of us with 'old phones'...Yet again it's an incentive to buy new...and expensive. Good selling point for selected buyers....However,  I will just try and be extra careful with my 'old' Note 4...upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes you need to spend a fortune on the latest flagship phones so a little peace of mind helps. If I was ever going to pay £50-60 a month for a new phone then I would be looking at added extras after the main criteria of coverage and price. 

Message 8 of 33

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
I was always told that there's no such thing as a free lunch.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 9 of 33

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:
I was always told that there's no such thing as a free lunch.

I've no doubt it's been factored into the monthly cost. 

Message 10 of 33