Did you mean: 

OnePlus 6T - Available now on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Woop woop, great news everyone...

The OnePlus 6T has now launched and is available from today on O2. If you already know you want one and you no longer want to read this announcement, just click the meme below.

takemymoney.jpg

If you’re still here reading this, then perhaps you need a little more convincing? Well, read on – we might be able to change your mind.

oneplus-6t-mirror-black-1OP828RBN-sku-header-new.pngoneplus-6t-midnight-black-1OP856MBN-sku-header-new.png

When OnePlus release a new phone, it’s usually touted as the best or fastest Android phone in the world at that point, and the new OnePlus 6T looks set to follow in its predecessors footsteps, with an impressive spec-list including:

• 6.41” Optic AMOLED display with 2,280 x 1,080 resolution
  • In-display fingerprint scanner – the fastest in the world at just 0.34s
  • Rear Camera: 16MP (f/1.7) + 20MP (f/1.7) with flash
  • Front Camera: 16MP (f/2.0)
  • Nightscape and Studio Lighting for amazing photographs
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 chipset (Octa-core CPU + Adreno 630 GPU)
  • 6GB RAM + 128GB Memory or 8GB RAM + 256GB Memory variants
  • 3,700mAh battery with OnePlus Fast Charge

Are you yelling at the screen "how do I order" yet? If you are, click here

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@GaryH wrote:

Confused....

On the OnePlus website the prices are:

6GB/128GB   £499

8GB/128GB   £529

Yet on the O2 website, the standard price of the 6GB/128GB if you buy it on pay monthly is £535.  If you buy it PAYG its £499 .     Yet the interest rate on your payments is 0% - so why is it £36 more expensive if you buy the phone over pay monthly?

Because it's a credit agreement for Contract whereas you buy the phone outright for PAYG?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 24

GaryH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just had a long chat with someone from O2 on Live chat.   It does indeed cost £36 more if you buy it on contract with a 0% interest rate.  Which means, in effect, you are paying some form of interest as the price is higher to start with.  Bearing in mind its £535 for the 6Gb variant you can get the 8Gb one direct from OnePlus for £529.

Also, i was told the price is higher as on contract, you get extra "benefits" , such as, I and I quote....  "customer service".     Wow, didnt realise customer service was an extra "benefit" of going on a monthly contract!!  

Needless to say I didnt bother with the upgrade.  I'll see what other offers are around.

Message 22 of 24

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@GaryH wrote:

Just had a long chat with someone from O2 on Live chat.   It does indeed cost £36 more if you buy it on contract with a 0% interest rate.  Which means, in effect, you are paying some form of interest as the price is higher to start with.  Bearing in mind its £535 for the 6Gb variant you can get the 8Gb one direct from OnePlus for £529.

Also, i was told the price is higher as on contract, you get extra "benefits" , such as, I and I quote....  "customer service".     Wow, didnt realise customer service was an extra "benefit" of going on a monthly contract!!  

Needless to say I didnt bother with the upgrade.  I'll see what other offers are around.

Completely agree.  The networks are just trying to make extra money.  Customer Service is not an extra charge, they are just making it up to justify it.

I was going to get the OnePlus 6 when my contract was due a few months back, but the contract prices for the OnePlus actually worked out more expensive than the price I've ended up paying for a Huawei P20 Pro on contract.  Same minutes/texts/data, yet the OnePlus contract was more expensive, despite the OnePlus being £300 odd more expensive to buy outright.

Thanks

Steve
Message 23 of 24

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Happy OnePlus 6T launch day, everyone! yahoo

If you've got (or getting) your new phone delivered today, let us know your first thoughts - and we do love an unbox photo or two as well. If you're still mulling over an upgrade, check out everything that makes the OnePlus great here.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 24 of 24