Did you mean: 

OnePlus 5. 5pm 20 June.

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey Guys,

As some of you may know, OnePlus will be revealing every detail of their new OnePlus 5 flagship device tomorrow at 5pm. I'll be going along to the event and i'll be live tweeting about specs, features and everything in-between, so if you want to get all the latest info as it unfolds, keep an eye open here from 5pm tomorrow.

Would you rather watch the event live? OnePlus will be live streaming right here.

OP5Launch.png

So, who's interested and who already wants one? I'll be back tomorrow evening with more info and details, so stay tuned.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm less than a year into my contract with a OnePlus 3T so won't be getting one yet, but have to say it looks and sounds great.  I occassionally go onto the OnePlus community and they really do listen to the feedback from users. In fact, they actively encourage it.

Better vibration is something that came up a lot on the 3T boards, so it appears they have listened. 

The camera needed improving too and they have listened. I just hope they have decided to put a software back button in to close the camera app, because on the 3T if you choose the software buttons option for the interface, the only way of closing the camera is to press the home button then clear the camera from the recent list.

Now all they need to add is microsd slot as I'm not a fan on only onboard storage as it forces you keep constant backups of your data, and I do not believe it trusting cloud storage for your data as the main backup. Although I do realise this would make the phone thicker.

Oh, and there is a dual sim slot for those who are unsure - https://oneplus.net/uk/5/specs

Thanks

Steve
Message 41 of 45

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @welshsteve76 Lovely to see you on here! grin Thanks a lot for the link and info!

Message 42 of 45

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
What would be useful (my opinion) is to have the option of dual sim and an SD card slot.
Having to choose either a 2nd sim or an SD card is less than ideal.
Agree that the amount of built in storage should eliminate the need, having a choice and/or an alternative is my preference.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 43 of 45

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If any of our O2 Community members are in and around the Manchester Arndale area tomorrow, feel free to pop into our store from 10am to 1pm where there'll be a special OnePlus takeover event, where we'll have O2 Guru's and OnePlus staff on-hand to help with any questions you may have, offer live demos, have some goodies and some prizes to be won. More details here > http://news.o2.co.uk/press-release/o2-exclusive-uk-high-street-retailer-new-oneplus-flagship/

Remember, until the 26th June O2 has a worldwide exclusive with OnePlus to sell the OnePlus 5. From the 27th June, you'll also be able to buy direct from OnePlus themselves. We'll also have a range of OnePlus 5 accessories included cases arriving near the beginning of July, so you can add some style and protection should you wish.

With one of the best dual-camera systems available in a smartphone, a super fast Snapdragon 835 processor and up to 8GB RAM and 128GB storage, spec-wise this really is one of the most powerful phones around and it's easy to see why it's been one of the most ancitipated phones of the year. Having demo'd one in the flesh at the OnePlus launch event, it feels solid and extremely refined - it feels great in your hand and there's something about that ceramic home button and feels so unique from everything else out there.

O2UKL2105_OnePlus_Announce_Launch_PostLink_Facebook_1200x627.png

Get your OnePlus 5 right here > o2.uk/OnePlus5

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 44 of 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Damn! The first time there is something organised near me I can't go. Only 3kms away too... 

Message 45 of 45