Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 - Only on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

We've got some exciting news to share this morning... The fantastic OnePlus 3 is headed exclusively to O2 in the UK and it'll be on sale from this Thursday, available on a range of O2 Refresh tariffs.

Some of you already know just what this device is capable of but for those who don't, let us fill you in a bit...

3_onePlus3_Facebook_Multi-Product-Carousel_3.jpg

Photography
The photography features on the OnePlus 3 include a superior 16MP sensor with EIS and OIS to ensure you get a sharp and focused photo, every time. With manual mode, RAW image support and HDR capability, you can take more control of your photos than ever before

Performance

With a powerful 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 6GB RAM, super-fast UFS 2.0 internal storage and 3,000mAh battery, you're getting one of the fastest devices out there. And speaking of fast, the fingerprint sensor unlocks in just 0.2s and gets smarter over time, learning about your fingerprint more and more. And speaking of more, see more on the stunning 5.5" Optic AMOLED display, producing colours more vivid and true-to-life than ever before.

So much more!
There's so much more still to talk about, such as Dash Charge (charge to 60% in just 30min), an all-metal premium design & build and Oxygen OS - a system built to give you the perfect balance between power and simplicity.

Don't just take our word for it... Check it out for yourself from this Thursday.
Only on O2.

For updates, register here: http://o2.uk/updates

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 108
107 REPLIES 107

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I want into the store last Thursday to purchase the oneplus 3, knowing full well that the phone is unlocked, and spoke to the 02 Guru about purchasing it outright and was told by said Guru it is '100% locked' and when I asked if he could make sure or call up customer support to be sure, he rudely refused and was adamant it was locked, as I had no proof of it being unlocked I left the store empty handed.

That afternoon I messaged the O2 Facebook page, and oneplus directly asking about the phone, and unsurprisingly both of them confirmed the phone is unlocked.

With this new evidence in hand I decided to walk back into the store the next to hopefully purchase the phone again. The guru wasn't in, so instead I sat down with a sales rep who again told me the phone is locked to O2 for 12 months, I even showed him messages from both your Facebook page and oneplus's but even then he called over the assistant manager and continued to say the phone was locked.

At this point, I asked if I could call up customer support and have them speak to the store, and the assistant in charge of the store at the time I could but only if I left the store and then came back inside because I 'wasn't listening to them' and accepting the phone was locked? After I spoke to the very helpful customer support rep on the phone, he asked to speak with the assistant and told him the phone is unlocked without a shadow of a doubt.

Service I recieved was nothing like i ever experinced before - left me in complete shock and some of the stares i was recieving from the sales rep 😕 
Message 51 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

That's absolutely disgraceful @Anonymous. Maybe @Chris_K or @Martin-O2 who work for Telefonica, could feed this back so that the store staff are aware. It appears there are many of them are causing confusion and probably losing sales of this phone.If you wish to make a complaint follow the advice in this link...

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 108

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's safe to say that we know it's unlocked regardless of what the untrained store staff try to tell you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 53 of 108

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unless, of course, they have been trained to say it's locked as people will buy them and not use them on o2 otherwise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Unless, of course, they have been trained to say it's locked as people will buy them and not use them on o2 otherwise.

But they make themselves look stupid. The phone is advertised and sold as unlocked on all the sales and tech literature. It's this that makes it relatively unique ..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 108

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It was just a suggestion.

Currently using:
Message 56 of 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

The worst part was that they didn't apologise or even acknowledge their mistake, but instead I heard the sale rep who was assigned to help me complain to assistant in charge that if he put this sale through it would hurt his targets.

The store was quiet so all the other sales rep were looking over, never been in a situation like that before in my life - had to finish the sale with customer support rep I had called who had clarify the locked/unlocked situation (btw he was absolutely brilliant and super understanding) and pick the phone up as buy and collect.

Not looking for any sympathy or you may think I'm exaggerating, I consider my self a thick skinned person but the really rocked me and threw me off guard 😕

Message 57 of 108

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds like I was right.
They are saying locked to put people off buying on PAYG and instead targeting contracts to get more profit.

Currently using:
Message 58 of 108

Cleoriff
  • 122916 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

"Hurt his targets??" Beggars belief....but says a lot really. Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 108

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff

@Anonymous I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the O2 store. I'll send you a private message to get some more details. 

I'm waiting for clarification about the support of the dual sim on this too guys. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 60 of 108