Did you mean: 

O2 to stock Huawei Mate 20 X 5G

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Huawei Mate 20 X 5G

O2 today announces that it will stock the latest flagship smartphone from Huawei, the Mate 20 X 5G, when it launches in summer.

The Huawei Mate 20 X 5G is the world’s fastest 5G smartphone, featuring a 7.2” ultra large OLED display, a 40MP ultra-wide angle Leica Triple Camera and a 4200mAh longer lasting battery. The flagship device also features the world’s first 7nm 5G chipset, a graphene film and vapour chamber cooling system as well as the unique 40W Huawei supercharge.

O2 will begin rolling out its 5G network in 2019 with customers in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London being the first to benefit.

With O2’s customisable plans, customers can choose how much they want to pay upfront, the length of their Device Plan, selecting anywhere between three and 36 months (in one-month increments), as well as having the option to flex their data allowance up or down every month to suit their needs.

Customers on O2 Refresh who want to upgrade early from their handset need only pay off the remaining balance of their Device Plan so they don’t have to wait to get the latest phone. Plus, customers who want to keep their phone after their Device Plan finishes will only pay for their monthly Airtime Plan from that point on.

So who's excited for this new Huawei? With that 7.2" display, this thing is gonna be beast!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

While I'm very much into large screen phones, 7.2" could be difficult to hold one-handed is my first thought.

My phone's display is 6.4" but the actual size of the phone is no bigger than my S8+. Samsung increased the display, without increasing the size of the phone. Not sure how Huawei have managed it and how comfortable the phone would be to use as a phone. Great screen size for gaming and streaming, though.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

This sounds far out manSpaced

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 12 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10660 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

@Marjo 

Could these be the style known as Phablet?  I think the size is very good.

Thought seriously about Huawei very interesting

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Technically, anything over 5.5" is grouped as phablet.
So... everything now
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I still think not stocking the Oneplus 7 is a bad marketing strategy...

#justsayin'it'spossiblyabetterphone

Message 15 of 17

BOSSGOGG
Level 8: Talented
  • 384 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Just sold my Mate 20 X on.

What a device. I like big devices, BUT this was a little too large even for me as a daily driver.

Great as a tablet for watching stuff in the field, but that's what I have actual tablets for.

Battery awesome + fast charge, camera great. If thinking about it , I would try one on the hand first.
unnamed
Message 16 of 17

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Well, it's been a few months in the making, but this beast of a Huawei is now available to order right now, from O2. You can get yours here.

Stand by for an official announcement post coming soon from @Martin-O2@Marjo or @EmilieT  thumbsup

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 17 of 17