O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whingers, tend to be people who go on and on, even after they have made 'their points/expressing their views/opinions about events that they feel strongly about' heard.

People who make 'their points/expressing their views/opinions about events that they feel strongly about heard' are simply that, they make them heard, and do not keep going on and on.
Message 81 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, my neighbor offered me one of her house phones, as there is a 50 mtr range on her cordless, it reached to mine. it seems like there are some folk who are determined to continue moaning until they get something worthwhile as a freebie..............a kidney might do them 😛
Message 82 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed, have you never be in a debate or meeting for hours,indeed needed to have follow up meetings on the same issues,best not mention education where the same points are raised over a generation of politicians/public/and vested interests,but hey I wont complain about people who complain about the points I or they have raised! As I made clear in post! thanks
Message 83 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anybody else having problems again today? Mine's currently alternating between 'No service' and 'Searching...'
Message 84 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i have but but there is a difference between a healthy debate and being arrogant and rude wink
Message 85 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Gerald - well said! that was a rant to be proud of!
Message 86 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
No i haven't but i know a few people up notts way that have been having that issue since yesterday
Message 87 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey shucks!
Your embarrassing me!
Although I'm thinking the Oxford Union should send out some invites though!
So far the only thing I object to is the inference or quotes that I'm trying to get extra compensation ?
Obviously hav'nt read ALL my posts!
Thanks
Message 88 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is anybody else having problems again today? Mine's currently alternating between 'No service' and 'Searching...'
hey there, today again i had some issues...phone not doing anything (no call, no data, no txt) when i am at work approx 11am, with full 4 bars and "in service", it happened during the past 5 days exactly at 09.00 until i restart the phone, then works back perfect.

have already pointed the problem to support and they advised to swap SIM card, which i will do tomorrow. not sure if it will help. they asked me my postcode for further checks // doesnt appear to be a problem of my phone, nothing changed. samsung galaxy s2

problems for me started on monday, i was out of the country last week.

gab
Message 89 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reading through this and other threads, I’m starting to think the O2management are geniuses. Who else could screw up badly on service, not tell people what’s going on, give a token £2-3 gesture to the account holders affected and then – and this is masterstroke number one folks – turn a PR shambles into a PR victory by offering the gullible masses a £10 voucher for goods that will cost O2 about 50p from a sweatshop in Vietnam. The nation has been fooled for 50p. Masterstroke number two is even better: Bearing in mind that the only thing for sale for under £10 at O2 is a fluorescent green knitted iphone holder, the voucher bearing masses will end up spending well over £10 – and O2 makes a 90% margin on the sale. KERCHING!!!! GENIUS!!! Give that man a bonus.
Message 90 of 134