O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also why do people keep quoting"terms & conditions",I do realise what they are! This is about "the O2 way","valued customer",the very fact terms & conditions are mentioned to justify the derisory compensation destroy's any sincerity or genuineness attached to those quotes!
Message 41 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't beleive what I'm reading. In the past I've had outages on Orange - what did I get? Zilch.

Compensation culture rules I'm afraid -and who pays for that? We all do as companies have to claw back from the innocent to pay the vocal few 

Message 42 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hardly think an award of £2 & £10 voucher to spend in an O2 shop for me to in effect pay my own compensation out of their £10 reduced profit margin justifies pigeon holing me in the "compensation culture"/whiplash variety?
Message 43 of 134

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I can't beleive what I'm reading.

Me neither, why anybody would get so stressed about something so small in the greater order of things is beyond me.

I give up with him, he's not getting it! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 44 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lets agree to disagree and let the churn rate over the next 3,6,12 months be the judge for us all,including O2! As peoples contracts expire!
Message 45 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I hardly think an award of £2 & £10 voucher to spend in an O2 shop for me to in effect pay my own compensation out of their £10 reduced profit margin justifies pigeon holing me in the "compensation culture"/whiplash variety?

£10 reduced profit margin? - around 10 million people at £2 a go is £20 million. 

Message 46 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or,millions use their voucher who had no intention of purchasing any products before and,well need I do basic economics? Also it boosts sales and profit even allowing as I said for the profit margin being reduced by the said£10,OK! Thanks
Message 47 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

The voucher is only available for download between 1st and 30th September. So hopefully by then everyone will have forgot. So to reward you for a bad experience, lets piss off our customers even more. ooh and whilst on the phone now, average wait is 30 minutes, and hey close at 9pm, so probably won get answered. ! Joke ! Hope the Chief Exec is watching this, as I have tweeted to sky news and bbc news wink Tim

Message 48 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, target the voucher to a quiet period of the year! etc thanks for update cant believe they are also dictating when you can use it to in effect pay your derisory compensation,if that's not breaking the trade descriptions act?
Message 49 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given up on O2 phones as well,also their so called interactive service where nothing is said off script,and a corpse is more pro-active and understands owning an issue,and best not mention the general calibre of staff you have to deal with,once again no doubt a correlation to ££ Also why cant we have a human being to speak to passed 9pm,no doubt a rhetorical point considering today's decision,seems that First Direct can provide the 24/7 service,with UK call centres!
Message 50 of 134