O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable
"You may think that but i couldn't possibly comment" Ian Richardson,as Francis Urquhart in "House of Cards"!
Message 91 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like there are 2 new members who have nothing better to do that troll the same thread. If you're that unhappy with O2, leave and move to another tariff, you've bitched enough, we know you're unhappy, point taken, get over it.
Message 92 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
berkshirelass - Although you have opted not to name the newcomers, I assume that i am one of those you are accusing of "bitching" for daring to express an opinion. Firstly, it is bad form to complain about other people's postings just because you don't happen to share those views. If you are able to put forward good counter arguments, I'd welcome them. secondly, as for trolling the same arguments, I think you will find that there are others closer to O2 head office in Slough who have quite possibly repeated themselves somewhat. Introspection is an admirable quality. Thirdly, I would never, ever be so rude as to accuse someone else of "bitching". It is a nasty, sexist term and, assuming you are indeed a "lass" and not a bloke in disguise, I am surprised you use the term which is insulting and degrading to the female of the species. fourthly, you obviously misunderstood my last post. Far from criticising O2 management, I was complimenting them on their genius - having achieved the PR equivalent of producing a silk purse from a sow's ear. I'm quite impressed actually. fifthly, your suggestion that unhappy punters leave is a fantastic one. Perhaps you could suggest to your friends at O2, if indeed you have friends at O2, that they release anyone who so requests from their contracts. I think you will find the answer is Nyet. I can understand that as a berkshire lass you may feel protective of the largest employer in the unitary authority of Slough in the ceremonial county of Royal Berkshire, but that doesn't mean others cant express their views. Indeed, expression of views is the very reason O2 put this blog online in the first place. Now, as I'm not going to be able to retire on the £3 discount on my bill, I'm off to do some work.
Message 93 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks gab. Mine is working again now, was just down for a couple of hours this morning.
Message 94 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
very pedantic of you..........which is an arrogant and attempt at a polite way of being rude wink Nope, I am not protective of O2, not even in the same town, not even close. As a supposed educated person, you might have realized that Berkshire is a big county, it is wrong to assume that I am actually from here. You have had nothing positive to say in any post, it is all negative with no helpful advice and yet you continue to repeat yourself, the definition of trolling is (urban dictionary); Being a **bleep** on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can. So yup, I stand by my point. This is a customer forum, not a forum where O2 staff reply.
Message 95 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
You express a view or views. If you want to repeat it fine,if you wish to make the same points in different ways fine,if you want to express a new point of view fine! "Its all negative,no helpful advise",mmm,that reminds me of something that happened last week ! If someone says something you disagree with, deal with their factual errors or make your own points,or ignore it and don't post,don't in effect criticize their right to freedom of speech as that's more important than you,me,O2 or anything, ask a few people in Tibet,Syria,China(yes I still don't except it as the same country),Russia!
Message 96 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that we have established based on the stated views of one contributor, that I am a pedantic, supposedly intelligent, arrogant bitch of a troll, with nothing positive to say and no helpful advice to give, perhaps I could attempt in a polite way to give some advice. To any O2 customers who are unhappy with the way in which O2 has handled their technical problems and the “compensation”, make your views known. Shout about it on here, talk about it to your friends, tell the O2 customer service people you are unhappy; email, tweet, blog, phone them, tell carphone Warehouse, Phones for u etc etc you are unhappy. Basically make some noise. Above all, do not allow yourselves to be cowed into submission by those who have different views and think you should shut up.
Message 97 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the £10 voucher to spend in an o2 shop is a joke. Most if not all o2 shops do not sell accessories anymore and I for one don't want another phone, so how many £10 vouchers will actually get spent. (another rip off) Gail
Message 98 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add my 2 cents. To all of the customers that aren't satisfied with this... Read your Terms & Conditions! O2 have terms in your contract protecting them from stuff like this, and don't have to pay a penny. The fact that they're willing to hand out over £70,000,000 in vouchers to people affected is amazing. And when customers have the audacity to ask to leave after not having any service for less than 24 hours makes me sick. Compare O2's generosity to other UK networks, and you'll realise why we're still the number 1 network.
Message 99 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just to add my 2 cents. To all of the customers that aren't satisfied with this... Read your Terms & Conditions! O2 have terms in your contract protecting them from stuff like this, and don't have to pay a penny. The fact that they're willing to hand out over £70,000,000 in vouchers to people affected is amazing. And when customers have the audacity to ask to leave after not having any service for less than 24 hours makes me sick. Compare O2's generosity to other UK networks, and you'll realise why we're still the number 1 network.
Totally agree. I stand by what I said earlier when I said its YOUR responsibility to make sure you have more than one contact number available to be reached on, just in case one of the networks is down. But we live now in a blame someone else society, and when things go wrong, they expect compensation, when in most circumstances a bit or forethought could have avoided it. I have a sick mother, but she/we used a bit of forethought and made sure that she has a landline number and also a mobile number too, to be reached on. If she didn't have a landline number, I would have suggested to her that she had an alternative mobile number on an alternative network in case the others were down.
Message 100 of 134