O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason the voucher is available in September is actually to make sure people don't miss out due to being away in the holiday period.

Ronan? Surely not....can't be, can it? Smiley Surprised

Message 61 of 134

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
The reason the voucher is available in September is actually to make sure people don't miss out due to being away in the holiday period.

Ronan? Surely not....can't be, can it? Smiley Surprised

Could be, it's been one of those weeks!:smileyhappy:

Just in case - Welcome to the forum Ronan! Smiley LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 62 of 134

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Ok guys, what do we ask for first? The forum app or the 0844 numbers idea?

Message 63 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello everyone, not sure this is just me but for the past 4 days (from monday) when i am at work, at approx 08.55-09.00 my phone stops working, as if something has been stuck or is restarting from the network. it just happened now, i haven't restarted the phone and is a good 25 minutes like that, the "upload" data arrow is blinking but nothing seems to happen! this happened 4 times in a row, phone has 2 or 4 bars (so that looks good and with the H on) but i cannot call (phone is mute), cannot text (text shows "message not sent" after a few moments) and internet does not work. if i either restart the phone or shut it off and back, it works. last week i was out of the country so i don't know how my account was affected, but this is annoying, i mean is not the end of the world to restart the phone but shouldn't happen EVERY DAY at 09.00! yesterday i called customer support, the lady checked the postcode where i work and said there are no issues but i bet there's something going on. before i left uk, i never had these sort of problems. anyone else with this behaviour? cheers Gab
Message 64 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Abs "Tim, just to clarify, the gesture of goodwill that we have agreed to offer to all impacted customers due to the disruption and inconvenience caused last week is 10% off for pay monthly & 10% extra top-up for pay&go customers not the £10 O2 voucher. The £10 O2 voucher that can be used in store via O2 Priority Moments is announced as a *thank you* to all our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period that we all have witnessed. If you're a fan of O2 Priority Moments, I'm sure you'll won't miss it on your feed " That didn't need clarifying, the clarification was required why is the voucher only available on 1st September - 30th September? Don't say due to people being on holiday as not all users are on holiday. The Voucher should be available now to download, and the £10 Voucher in real terms only costs o2 a small % of that Example - Phone cases you sell @ £19.99 you buy in at £2.87 (Which I know FACT) So in essence you are giving customers in real terms nothing. You are wanting customers to come to your stores, lets consider that 1) Customers makes trip to a store - Costs on Transport / Cars / Fuel / Public Transport (NOT IN CUSTOMER FAVOUR) 2) You expect customers to remember to download a voucher between 1st and 30th September - likely people will forget (WIN for O2 if people do not remember) 3) Goods on offer in store @ £10 are very few and far between, therefore some customers will spend more than the £10, which means that whatever is above the £10 will go towards the initial cost of the item purchased which would have been substantially lower in the first instance, thus more likely cost neutral for O2 (WIN for O2). Your thoughts Abs? Tim
Message 65 of 134

cece5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
WHOOP WHOOP..! Very happy.
Message 66 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 really are taking the you know what. Their system goes down leaving people vulnerable and unable to make essential calls and all they do is offer the equivalent of £2-3 off your phone bill and a voucher so that you buy even more form them. In my case, I had to make 3 20 mile taxi trips to check on my sister who has severe epilepsy. As she is housebound and doesn't have a landline, I had no way of contacting her. I can only assume that all the people on here who are so excited at the prospect of getting thier £2 discount are in fact o2 staffers being paid to write the comments.
Message 67 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
so, a £10 voucher to spend in an o2 shop where we will all buy even more tatt from them at ridiculously inflated prices. Guys, if you want a new phone, o2 is an option but for ANY accessories 2 minutes on the web will turn up the same goods at 1/3 of the price. O2 has taken over a week to apologise and then they come up with this derisory offer. Remember the people affected are getting £2-3 off their bill for one month. But everyone is getting a £10 voucher to encourage them into the O2 shops. O2 must think we are all stupid
Message 68 of 134

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Could be worse, you could be on Orange/Vodafone/Virgin/3 etc... where this happens more frequently AND you would get nothing as compensation, not even an apology or explanation!!! An apology & brief explanation came the same day, on their website & all over Twitter!! Then all over the national news that night!! Where were you?? The offer is a goodwill gesture, take it or leave it! Everybody needs to stop being so ungrateful, try another network you'll soon appreciate 02. & before the usual boring cynics join in, no I am not staff, just a happy customer of many many years 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:
so, a £10 voucher to spend in an o2 shop where we will all buy even more tatt from them at ridiculously inflated prices. Guys, if you want a new phone, o2 is an option but for ANY accessories 2 minutes on the web will turn up the same goods at 1/3 of the price. O2 has taken over a week to apologise and then they come up with this derisory offer. Remember the people affected are getting £2-3 off their bill for one month. But everyone is getting a £10 voucher to encourage them into the O2 shops. O2 must think we are all stupid
Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 69 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
GrahamF - If, as I did, you had spent £75 and a lot of time on three taxi rides visiting my sister who is housebound and suffers from epilepsy, I doubt you would be quite so understanding. Both of us have O2 and neither phone worked so I had no option but to grab a cab and make sure she was ok. I cant, and don’t, hold O2 responsible for her illness but I can hold them to account for the cavalier way they are treating their customers. The people who were actually affected and lost their signal are being given £2-3 off their subscription while, as part of a big PR exercise, everyone is getting a £10 voucher to spend on their overpriced goods. The £2-3 is derisory given the shambles and the voucher is an insult to everyone’s intelligence. Its sole purpose is to entice people to shop at O2. As for O2 letting people know what was going on 1. only a small number of subscribers use twitter 2. maybe they did have something on their website but for those with no signal, how did that help 3. the news item was pushed by the news programmes. I didn’t see any O2 personnel. Things go wrong in all businesses from time to time. The sign of a good business is communication and dealing with the aftermath of a problem quickly and fairly. O2 has failed on all counts.
Message 70 of 134