O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry misunderstood,reread,you can spend when you like BUT unless you download within the dates you loose it.GREAT!!
Message 51 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Given up on O2 phones as well,also their so called interactive service where nothing is said off script,and a corpse is more pro-active and understands owning an issue,and best not mention the general calibre of staff you have to deal with,once again no doubt a correlation to ££ Also why cant we have a human being to speak to passed 9pm,no doubt a rhetorical point considering today's decision,seems that First Direct can provide the 24/7 service,with UK call centres!

If I were as unhappy with O2, O2 phones and the whole compensation issue as you are, I would talk with my wallet and go elsewhere.

If you do that then maybe you would be kind enough to come back and post your opinion, experience on your new mobile provider.

Message 52 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very nice to hear this I look forward to receiving the vouchers and 3 days off my bill many thanks
Message 53 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed it may be the same elsewhere,and when i pay for any service and either I don't receive it or am offered a joke in so far as an apology,I will express my views,hopefully as ALL the staff at O2 I have spoken to face-to-face ie off record agree with me, and lets hope they announce what they have learned from this and how that can be changed moving fwd and I hope that some of the customers views are part of that process,that is what I hope to be part of,however naive that sounds,isn't that how issues get resolved and things improve ,by us pointing them out,in silence you are lost short/longterm !
Message 54 of 134

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
..........seems that First Direct can provide the 24/7 service,with UK call centres!

Didn't know you could talk to them about your mobileSmiley Frustrated (JOKE!!)

Seriously guys, come on! There is such a lot of grief in the world today and everyone is getting so wound up about losing their mobile for a day. Believe me I wish that was the only problem I had to deal with, a phone just pales into insignificance.

Message 55 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take your point,but I assume you could always apply that logic,and use it as an excuse to do nothing! With me it's not the fault,its why did it happen,what have we learned and how did we handle it! But as you say I've had a fair go this evening,lets see how public Ronan makes his findings and solutions in the days/weeks ahead ! Thanks,Bye
Message 56 of 134

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The voucher is only available for download between 1st and 30th September. So hopefully by then everyone will have forgot. So to reward you for a bad experience, lets piss off our customers even more. ooh and whilst on the phone now, average wait is 30 minutes, and hey close at 9pm, so probably won get answered. ! Joke ! Hope the Chief Exec is watching this, as I have tweeted to sky news and bbc news wink Tim

Tim, just to clarify, the gesture of goodwill that we have agreed to offer to all impacted customers due to the disruption and inconvenience caused last week is 10% off for pay monthly & 10% extra top-up for pay&go customers not the £10 O2 voucher. 

The £10 O2 voucher that can be used in store via O2 Priority Moments is announced as a *thank you* to all our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period that we all have witnessed. If you're a fan of O2 Priority Moments, I'm sure you'll won't miss it on your feed wink

Thanks, Abs

Message 57 of 134

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Take your point,but I assume you could always apply that logic,and use it as an excuse to do nothing! With me it's not the fault,its why did it happen,what have we learned and how did we handle it! But as you say I've had a fair go this evening,lets see how public Ronan makes his findings and solutions in the days/weeks ahead ! Thanks,Bye

Gerald, I'm equally saddened with this incident as you are. Having said that, you've raised some key pointers which we'll be focusing on going future. I can assure you that we'll do everything we can to improve our core network infrastructure so any such incidents can be avoided in future. Being one of the top UK providers and a leading communications company, we understand our customers have high expectations which we need to fulfil. 

The situation could have been a lot worse but our network engineers did an amazing job working throughout the night to get to the bottom of this issue and resolve it for all impacted customers.

I think, we were able to communicate as much information as we can to our customers during the incident, using all media channels available (blog, twitter, status checker, o2.co.uk, facebook, community, etc) even though our primary focus at that time was to investigate and resolve the issue with highest priority. 

I hope some of that above info was useful to you.

Thanks, Abs

Message 58 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
The reason the voucher is available in September is actually to make sure people don't miss out due to being away in the holiday period.
Message 59 of 134

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That makes sense and I suspect to allow good time to make sure the arrangements are in place. slight_smile

I've been reading a lot of good response on Twitter to this as well.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 60 of 134