O2 network coverage disruption UPDATE - 18/07/2012 14:35

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

To say sorry for last week’s network issue, everyone who was directly affected will get the equivalent of 3 days back on their September bill or via their top-up.

To thank *all* our customers for supporting us through an unprecedented and difficult period, we are also giving everyone on O2 a £10 O2 voucher to spend in store.

More details on our blog post: http://blog.o2.co.uk/

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@GrahamF wrote:
Hi, can anyone tell me how to reply to a message & keep that quote in my reply please? I can't work out how to do it sorry! 😞

Reply to the post you want to quote and just above the reply box there is a 'Quote' button.

Adam is too quick wink I had to delete mine to avoid duplication. Smiley LOL

Message 21 of 134

GrahamF
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 138 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
easy when you know how.....thank you for taking the time to help adamtemp & jonsie!!
Everything will be OK in the end. If it isn't OK, then it's not the end!!
Message 22 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have replaced my old SIM now (7years old!) and it is working ok. The replacement 3G SIM failed to register automatically when I changed them over. Do you think it is a problem with the new SIM? I checked the network coverage and it seems to be excellent where I am located - does this map also reflect when the system is down in an area? Thanks
Message 23 of 134

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

It sounds as though your new sim hasn't been provisioned yet. Speak to customer service either by phone or O2 Chat and ask them to check the sim transfer status. Have a note of the new sim number with you. It's the 19 digit number on the back of the sim card.

Message 24 of 134

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Usually the old sim is disconnected, at which point you remove it from the phone and insert the new sim card. Periodically reboot the phone with the new sim card in. It can take 24 hours for the transfer to go through.

Message 25 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I will try that. I don't know why I never tried this O2 Community subscription forum before. I now feel that there is somebody out there that cares!!! Thank you so much.
Message 26 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
So lets understand O2s idea of "the O2 way"or"valued customer" Not apparently when it comes to money! So I get aprox £2 so called compensation ie 10% of my £20 plan! Then I walk into a shop with my £10 voucher,O2 takes a £10 hit on there large profit margin and I fund my own compensation,and more likely grow the profits for O2 in the process! I can already hear the stampede for the exit doors when contracts allow! Sorry to see that O2/Telefonica are under such financial pressure!
Message 27 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok - then I will not panic when that happens either - thank you so much.
Message 28 of 134

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So lets understand O2s idea of "the O2 way"or"valued customer" Not apparently when it comes to money! So I get aprox £2 so called compensation ie 10% of my £20 plan! Then I walk into a shop with my £10 voucher,O2 takes a £10 hit on there large profit margin and I fund my own compensation,and more likely grow the profits for O2 in the process! I can already hear the stampede for the exit doors when contracts allow! Sorry to see that O2/Telefonica are under such financial pressure!

This is a goodwill gesture and many have accepted it as that, O2 were under no obligation to pay anyone, as they are under no obligation to guarantee a continuous service.

It's in the terms you agreed to, and similar to all the other networks.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 29 of 134

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wonder how many "would have accepted it"if they had pay & Go or monthly contract!? Also where do you get your facts regarding "many" from!?
Message 30 of 134