Did you mean: 

O2 at MWC!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey guys,

It's less than a month away until Mobile World Congress kicks off in Barcelona. Like us, you've probably seen loads of rumours - some might turn out to be true, and some may not come to fruition.

MWC has become a stage for which manufacturers like Samsung, HTC and others announce their new flagships for the year, but MWC is so much bigger than that. It's a roadshow and glimpse into the future - new tech we could soon see, such as new displays, better batteries, more powerful cloud computing, online storage, big data... Everything and anything related to the mobile industry will be there...

And so will O2! I will be attending the 4 day MWC event in person this year. I'll be looking at as much tech as I can and will be reporting back on my findings here and on our other social media channels such as Twitter & Facebook, so make sure you keep an eye out there too.

What about new handsets?
As mentioned above, we do fully expect there to be new announcements. Exactly what and from who, we just don't know at this stage - all we have are the rumours. Although Samsung & HTC both announced new tech last year, these 'keynote' announcements are separate to MWC - Unfortunately my MWC pass won't grant me access to these events as they are typically only open to the worldwide press due to very limited spaces.

So no coverage from O2 for new phones?
Far from it - for any announcements, we expect a live stream as has happened the past couple of years. I'll be live-updating the community the same as with previous announcements and would be great to discuss details/features/specs as they become official. I'll post placeholder threads closer to the time, so keep an eye open for those.

- Is there any particular tech or theme you're interested in?
- Think 2016 will be the year VR goes mainstream? Interested in this?
- What's the biggest tech advancement you want to see? Battery life, display tech, something else?

Once I'm out there, expect to see this thread updated throughout the day with photos and news from MWC. Make sure you tag me in with any questions/requests when I'm out there, as it may get quite busy - some attendees report that they walk 20km around the MWC venue in a single day, you know! 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Show off!...
Message 2 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
can you update to include links to or details of the accounts info will be coming from (facebook name/page and twitter @ )?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 33

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@gmarkj
Chris works on both the Twitter @Anonymous handle and the official o2 Facebook page

His updates will be there I imagine.
Message 4 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

thanks for the heads up @viridis!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Sounds exciting. Barcelona Mmmmmmm...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 33

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Don't worry though, I'll make sure nobody misses anything - you'll find all the news and info/updates here, but we may also have updates, announcements or some other fun stuff on Twitter/Facebook but i'll give you a heads up on those.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/o2
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/o2uk

So guys... You've probably seen rumours of a Samsung Galaxy S7, an HTC One M10, an LG G5... Whether or not they're real or will be announced is another story (we're in the dark like you guys and we need to wait for any potential announcements) but with the rumours out there, what are you looking forward to most?

Message 8 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K I need Samsung news

Message 9 of 33

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chris_K I need Samsung news

Maybe not the Samsung news you were after, but it's news nonetheless! Presenting Samsung's brand new fridge!

(skip to the 3:38 mark)

Message 10 of 33