O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

O2 Social Media Team

Re: O2 and Netflix. Now together.

Hey all,

For those of you who have already switched to O2 or upgraded to take advantage of our fantastic Netflix offer, we hope you're enjoying top shows like Orange Is The New Black and the hundreds of other shows and movies available on the platform.

For those who have been thinking about it, tomorrow will be your last chance to upgrade or take out a new connection and get Netflix included. Check out the original post here for what tariffs are eligible, our FAQ's, and anything else you need to know.

CommunitySig.png
I'm on holiday, sunning it up in Florida and will be back Tue 5th Feb. Catch you then!

Level 1: Joiner

Hi
Im having real problems with this Netflix offer.  I received a text from O2 saying if I upgraded my tariff I could have 6 months free netflix.  I upgraded on 20 August, received another text on 30th August with a link saying I could redeem the offer.

Followed the link (many times), I enter my number, receive the text code of 6 digits, then I get the screen that tells me I am not eligible for the ffer.

I have spoken with live chat many times in the last few weeks and each time they do not undserstand my issue.  They think I cant redeem the netflix code but I cant even get the blooming code to redeem!

Please can someone help me with this?  I'm finding it very frustrating.

Topics: 510

@Martin-O2 has been helping out with these so I'm sure he'll contact you to see what can be done.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

Thanks for the mention @MI5!  smiling

@Poppet We can certainly get this looked into for you. I'll need a couple of details to proceed so I'll send you a private message so we can chat. wink

We're looking for new Community members!

→ Check out these lovely quotes from our existing community members! 
  → Join our forum by registering here 
5 reasons to belong to the O2 community

[ Edited ]

I upgraded after receiving a text On the 20/08/2018. Took effect on the 12/09/18 and today got a text telling I was eligible. Turns out I'm not. 

Really not happy about this 

Community Manager

Hey @Margo. Were you trying this on a wifi network? If so try using your mobile data. Apparently the system might have trouble recognising your mobile if you attempt to redeem this offer over wifi an doing it using your mobile data will allow the system to see your mobile number and authorise the offer. Same advice for you @Poppet.

Please let me know if this works and if not I can get someone to look into it further.  

Or try as I did on my laptop where it asks you to type in your mobile number first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:

The chat team have told me I'm not eligible even though the text said I had the subscription....

Don’t believe what chat tell you!

Currently using:
Community Manager

Hey @Margo did you try to register on your mobile network, rather then wifi?