Did you mean: 

O2 and Netflix. Now together.

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

We have some incredible news to share! Today O2 have announced a brand new partnership with Netflix that offers new and upgrading customers on selected tariffs the opportunity to enjoy Netflix for free this summer. From the award-winning Orange Is The New Black to the captivating Stranger Things, O2 customers will be able to take advantage of some the best shows out there thanks to the new deal.

Interested? We know you are, so we’ve more details below.
Twitter header.png

Who's eligible for the offer?
The offer is open to all new and upgrading customers on selected tariffs from 14/06/2018 to 08/08/2018 (inclusive), on all devices including 'Like New'. This offer will also be available for our customers purchasing through Dixons Carphone Warehouse and Mobile Phones Direct

The offer detail
The offer covers the cost of 6 or 12 months access to the Netflix service on the Standard “2 Screens at a Time” streaming plan (valued at £7.99 a month).

• If you select a tariff that includes 6 months of Netflix, you’ll receive a £47.94 Netflix credit
  • If you select a tariff that includes 12 months of Netflix, you’ll receive a £95.88 Netflix credit
  • Note: This can also be used to upgrade or downgrade your Netflix plan and this can be done through your Netflix account. If you choose to upgrade, the amount of credit will reduce sooner. So if for example you move to the Premium plan then you’ll have £9.99 deducted each month instead of the £7.99 the Standard plan costs.

What tariffs are eligible?
To receive this Netflix offer, you need to take out a new Pay Monthly contract or upgrade your existing one, and select one of the tariffs listed below – and beside them, the corresponding number of free Netflix months you’ll receive.

O2 Refresh tariffs:

• 15GB to 25GB: 6 months free Netflix
  • 25GB or more: 12 months free Netflix

SIM Only Tariffs:

• 18GB or more: 6 months free Netflix

Tablet Tariffs:

• 5GB or more: 6 months free Netflix

Mobile Broadband Dongle:

• 18GB or more: 6 months free Netflix

How it works

1. Provided you took out or upgraded to an eligible tariff, you will receive a leaflet at about the Netflix offer. This leaflet will let you know that you’ll receive an email 14 days after you’ve received their device, or after the ‘change-of-mind’ period.
  2. Once you receive the email, this will contain a link to a redemption site.
  3. You click on the link and enter your O2 mobile number (this may be pre-filled, but if not, enter it here)
  4. Once your O2 number has been entered, you’ll receive a code to your mobile device that you then must enter into the redemption site when asked.
  5. At this stage, you click on ‘Redeem’ and you’ll then be directed to the Netflix site.
  6. If you’re new to Netflix, you’ll need to register on the Netflix website. If you’re already a Netflix customer, you’ll just need to log in.
  7. You will now have either a £47.94 credit for 6 months or £95.88 credit for 12 months, depending on the tariff you chose.

What happens when the credit is used up?
New Netflix Customer: If you were a new customer to Netflix and only signed up through the above redemption process, you’ll be automatically signed up to ‘Charge 2 Mobile’. This means that once your last month of credit has been used up, you’ll be charged automatically through your O2 bill from Month 7 or Month 13, depending on the offer you signed up to, and that you didn’t upgrade your plan from ‘Standard’ (i.e, if you upgraded to the £9.99 ‘Premium’ plan, this will use £9.99 of your credit each month, resulting in less than 6 or 12 months of fee Netflix)

If you’d prefer to pay through a different method when your credit runs out, you can change this from within your Netflix account. You must change this before the end of month 6 or month 12 to ensure it takes effect in time.

Existing Netflix Customer
: If you were already a customer with Netflix before signing up for the offer, your original payment method will kick back in once your credit has been used up.

So guys, what do you think of this amazing news and which Netflix shows are you most likely to binge on this summer? Are you looking forward to any upcoming Netflix movies or shows? Let us know below!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @iekirwan, I'm going to drop you a PM here on the forum shortly to discuss further so we can get this looked at for you in more detail. Hang in there!

Message 41 of 46

iekirwan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh good thank you
Message 42 of 46

iekirwan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Not had a pm so far, but now when I try to redeem the offer it says it has already been used which is hasn't, so we have lost 6 months of Netflix, I have no idea what to do now?
Message 43 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
@Marjo should be able to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 46

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @iekirwan, I've dropped you a PM just now, please check when you get a moment and we'll get someone to have a look at this for you. slight_smile

Cheers for tagging me @MI5!

Message 45 of 46

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Fixed for @iekirwan! slight_smile 

Some additional fixes have been implemented now so anyone struggling, please try again today and let us know how it goes. If you're still struggling, we'll have a closer look for you to help out!

Message 46 of 46