Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi in Costa? Thanks a latté!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Our O2 Wifi is getting stronger and faster every day!

We’ve announced a partnership to provide Costa, the UK’s largest coffee shop chain, with free O2 Wifi. Yippee! Now you can enjoy sipping that delicious coffee or tea while staying connected to the free internet slight_smile

More info at O2 News Centre and O2 Blog. What other locations would you like to see our O2 Wifi next?

Costa.jpg

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thought O2 users might get extra benefits, but I suppose Costa are into tying you into their advertising. 

Must admit I don't use them that much

Message 11 of 24

Junior
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 75 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Abs,

I'd really like to see O2 WiFi in Airports & Train Stations please slight_smile

Message 12 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

!. Ask Costa to reduce their overpriced coffee or make the cups bigger!Smiley Mad

2. Let's have O2 wifi in all airports, making stop-overs and delays easier to bear:smileyhappy:

Likewise slight_smile

Message 13 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

until there is a network that flicks between wifi and cell towers automatically with no problems, no having to click "go online" in an internet browser before it works (as o2 wifi makes you do in mcdonalds and costa) - i'll be removing the o2 wifi network and just using the cell towers. 

it's really annoying to auto connect to o2 wifi in an o2 store where it works fine but then connect to another o2 wifi hotspot in mcdonalds/costa automatically and all your data stops working until u go into an internet browser and click connect! 

Message 14 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

until there is a network that flicks between wifi and cell towers automatically with no problems, no having to click "go online" in an internet browser before it works (as o2 wifi makes you do in mcdonalds and costa) - i'll be removing the o2 wifi network and just using the cell towers. 

it's really annoying to auto connect to o2 wifi in an o2 store where it works fine but then connect to another o2 wifi hotspot in mcdonalds/costa automatically and all your data stops working until u go into an internet browser and click connect! 

Not a good idea, I think you need to be able to choose which network you are connecting to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a logical step forward in the same way that phones switch between cell towers automatically it would make sense for o2 to use their wifi hotspots in the same why to increase capacity and speed whilst not increasing costs substantially by installing new cell towers. Look at republic wireless in the us.
Message 16 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

i was in my local costa and i got five minutes of Wifi, signal was rubbish and the only good thing about it was i got extra marshmallows on my hot chocolate, due to a girlfriend loudly expressing her views... 

Message 17 of 24

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I thought btopenzone is more longer a partner of o2

abs. that's a rip... Starbucks WiFi McDonalds WiFi n quite a few others don't restrict you like that.

I know trays why I often took my laptop there many times.

@abs train stations or bus stations would be a good place
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 18 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with this, it's incredibly annoying that it auto connects to a O2 hotspot when you're in range. All your data stops because you're not properly signed in until you open your browser. This is fine if you're in a cafe etc and actually want to use the hotspot but what if you're just walking past a cafe with one in, or you're on a bus? Then it connects, cuts off your data until you go out of range. Why can't we just have the option to turn off auto connect?
Message 19 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
 Why can't we just have the option to turn off auto connect?

Answered in your duplicate post.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 20 of 24