O2 Wifi - Coming to London Underground

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hey Guys,

O2 Wifi has become a really strong part of our digital make-up. Over the last few years, we’ve rolled out O2 Wifi hotspots across the country. Some of the top venues include McDonald's, Costa, Pizza Hut and central London Westminster.

Today, we’re pleased to announce our partnership with Virgin Media that’ll allow O2 customers to access Wi-Fi on London Underground service from June. All registered customers to O2 Wifi will automatically be signed for the Wi-Fi on the London Underground and our O2 Pay Monthly customers will be able to use TU Go to make/ receive calls and texts over Wi-Fi at the London tube stations, from any supported device.

Undeground

What’s more? We’ve also got an O2 Wifi app that not only lets you search for a hotspot but also helps to register, manage settings, find & get directions to a hotspot even when you’re offline. To download, visit: https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my/app (available on both iOS and Android platforms)

O2 Wifi has recently completed two years (woop woop!) and we’d like to hear some thoughts from you - where you’d want to see O2 Wifi in future? Which particular location/ venues you really miss an internet connection and want to have O2 Wifi to sprinkle some magic?

Share your thoughts and, you never know, we might be able to get you O2 Wifi right there! slight_smile

Thanks, Abs

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good news for Londoners and anyone like me who will be able to use it when visiting. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have to say I'm a Londoner and don't use the underground but did find it hard to understand why o2 was the only network not included before so good news

Message 3 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have they sorted normal network coverage on the underground then It was dire last time I went albeit a few years ago.

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 should have wifi kiosks in city centres, like BT do, but have TuGo kiosks so pay monthly customers can log in to their TuGo account and call and text from them.
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 should have wifi kiosks in city centres, like BT do, but have TuGo kiosks so pay monthly customers can log in to their TuGo account and call and text from them.

Sounds like a great idea now to o2 to do it!

Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, local taxi companies etc. could put deals on priority moments which could be accessed from the kiosk interface. wink
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

All sound great in theory

Message 8 of 17

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's a great idea, opium - will share that with Wifi team, thanks! slight_smile

Message 9 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

All sound great in theory

Theory is probably all it will ever be. WiFi on the underground is only available at present in 120 stations, and at 50 London Overground stations, not on the trains themselves. So if you want to make a call or send a text while your train goes by, that's fine. If you travel by underground, as I do frequently, you will know that it's difficult enough to talk to someone standing next to you if a train is approaching, let alone trying to talk on a phone. I suppose it will be good for sending a quick text, but that's about all it will be good for at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 17