Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is closing - More info inside

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you use an @o2.co.uk email address you were given previously as part of a broadband or mobile phone package, we’re sorry to tell you that this service is soon coming to an end.

Why?
While some people used these free email accounts, the vast majority didn't, and instead have been using popular other email services like Gmail or Outlook (Hotmail) instead. From 7th June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed and you’ll be unable to send or receive emails using your o2.co.uk account from this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?
We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook. Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account to move them.

Likewise, if you use your O2 email address as your log-in for any online services, like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too. Some customers manage their O2 account from their o2.co.uk email address. If you do too, take a look at www.o2.co.uk/myo2 where you can see your balance, check your bill and get the low down on your account any time you like with My O2.

We’ll be in touch again before June 7th, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

Got any questions or concerns?
Please let us know below – we always welcome and appreciate feedback. If you need more help transferring your emails and contacts, feel free to speak to an O2 Guru - Just check out Live Chat here, or pop into one of our shops.

Remember you can find more info on everything mentioned above here on our website

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 212
211 REPLIES 211

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Port 25 shouldn't be needed as it's only used for sending mail. port 110 is the standard port.

I don't use Live Mail either but can see straight away the server names are wrong. imap@gmail.com should be imap.gmail.com,  likewise with smtp@gmail.com as it should be smtp.gmai.com athough again that is only used for sending and will require authentication.

#siwy
Message 91 of 212

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@browni wrote:

I don't use Live Mail either but can see straight away the server names are wrong. imap@gmail.com should be imap.gmail.com...........

Yes, agreed, that would be the normal way of entering the server details.

I've never had to manually set up a gmail account so wasn't sure if that was something unique to gmail or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 92 of 212

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Toby wrote:

You're doing a great job here @MI5

I'm actually struggling tbh @Toby wink

I'm not using Windows Mail so it's making it harder for me to figure out.

Is there anything we as O2 could add to our info pages do you think @MI5? Happy to ask.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 93 of 212

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

Is there anything we as O2 could add to our info pages do you think @MI5? Happy to ask.

An example of the settings required to pull O2 webmail into the most popular email clients would be useful

ie, gmail, yahoo, outlook etc.

The questions asked by @Anonymous in this post here are most likely typical of the questions many are asking themselves.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 94 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Thanks for that - I have now removed the @ symbol from each but it is still not helping me to connect properly or to upload my email folders from Windows Mail to my gmail IMAP account.

Thanks for helping and I will need to keep trying every permutation that I can think of to see if I can get this to work.

Message 95 of 212

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If anything comes to mind I'll post back. I'm sure others will too in order to help.

Currently using:
Message 96 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I hope someone can help me please. 

I know the o2 email is closing and I am currently changing everything over to my BT email. However today on both my mobile and my iPad I have been unable to download any messages from my o2 email account. I also tried the web mail page but it said the service isn't available!! 

I get a message saying username or password is incorrect but I haven't changed a thing in the settings to cause this. I'm getting a bit concerned that I've been prematurely cut off as I've still got emails coming in to that account. 

Has as there been a service problem today or is it just me? 

Many thanks

Steph

Message 97 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure if there have been any issues today....but although the final shut down date is June...we did feel they may gradually start closing down servers before that date. ...??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 98 of 212

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
We've not heard of any issues.
Maybe @Toby can advise?

Currently using:
Message 99 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

Strangely enough the email that is affected is a secondary email I set up on o2. The original one that I use to log into my account is still working fine. It's just the same this morning, still can't get into my secondary email account. 

Message 100 of 212