cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Tracks Virtual Interview 16/04/14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys,

O2 Tracks is over a year old, so we think it’s time for you guys to get to know as much as you can about it and more with this Virtual interview.

We’re bringing in Lucy Clayton who heads up O2 Tracks as well as the app developers Gemma Watts,  Matthew Baughn, Hayley Mellet in to answer any of your questions on the app and its content, even if you have an idea of where O2 Tracks could go next to improve- ask away as you never know what could be coming slight_smile

The questions will be answered on the 16th of April between 2:30pm and 3:30pm so get asking your questions below now!

To have your question answered, please make a reply post in this thread. Also, if you could write your question in bold font, it will help us to find them easily.

Remember no question is silly-  if you don’t know the answer, and you never ask you may never know!

Thanks guys.

Brad

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

I do use O2 tracks but sometimes find it a bit limited, so...

As the likes of Spotify & GMusic are your biggest rivals and have a user search facility to find just about any song ever recorded, what are your plans to extend the O2 Tracks service to compete?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

O2 Tracks seems to be broken on Blackberry 10, at least on my Z10 selecting tracks it then shows downloading and a static progress bar. Is this being addressed?

It was working prior to the 10.2 updates but despite removing and re-installing the result is the same.

I have now uninstalled in favour of Spotify instead on the Z10 and put O2 Tracks on my Note 2 though the majority of the selction is not to my taste.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not keen on paying for the song and then lose it as it leaves the charts ,unless a further payment is made.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm not keen on paying for the song and then lose it as it leaves the charts ,unless a further payment is made.

Ok, what about the other features in the app?

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

It's Gemma and Lucy, business owners for O2 Tracks. Recently we had our first birthday and we're proud to say we're one of the fastest growing music subscription services in the UK.

We're always looking for ways to improve and we'd love to hear your feedback: tell us what you like, tell us what you don't like and what you'd like to see more of.

We'll be here answering your questions for the next hour but if you have any more questions or thoughts after that post away and we'll get back to you.

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I do use O2 tracks but sometimes find it a bit limited, so...

As the likes of Spotify & GMusic are your biggest rivals and have a user search facility to find just about any song ever recorded, what are your plans to extend the O2 Tracks service to compete?

Hi MI5

Good question, that's probably one of the most recurrent question we get asked.

The music industry is changing, the growth of digital music is dominating the market - in terms of the music landscape, we've got download stores, an abundance of streaming services like Spotify and now we're seeing the rise of demand for curated services which is where O2 Tracks is positioned. We have a dedicated curation team who hand picks music tracks based on popular trends and what people want and what's going on in the world.

There are people who want to regularly search for specific tracks and are prepared to pay £10 a month subscription fee but the majority of people the vast choice is overwhelming and would rather have access to the most popular tracks and mood playlists.

We're not trying to compete with the streaming services, we're targeting customers who like popular music. 85% of radio airplay is devoted to the top 120 songs. This is the core of our strategy.

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

O2 Tracks seems to be broken on Blackberry 10, at least on my Z10 selecting tracks it then shows downloading and a static progress bar. Is this being addressed?

It was working prior to the 10.2 updates but despite removing and re-installing the result is the same.

I have now uninstalled in favour of Spotify instead on the Z10 and put O2 Tracks on my Note 2 though the majority of the selction is not to my taste.

Hi Aldaweb

We're investigating further, we'll reply on this shortly.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Bandofbrothers

As with all subscription services, your payment allows you to access the content of the app during the period of your subscription. If you want to own any of the tracks, you can purchase them directly through the app.

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I have two questions

1. How important is O2 Tracks for the O2 brand?

2. What are you guys doing to influence the target audience?

Thanks Karan
Message 10 of 13