on 29-06-2020 17:32
O2 uses tech to open 'future stores' in Scotland - with queue jumping priority for NHS and care workers
- O2 to reopen stores across Scotland from 29th June with new layouts and virtual queue system to save customer waiting time
- NHS staff and care workers offered queue jump priority access
- Followed by personalised O2 Guru appointments to fast track repairs 121 post-lockdown
- Updates on store locations and opening hours at o2.co.uk/storelocator
O2 will use virtual queuing technology and new store design to safely open its shops in Scotland to customers and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
At these ‘future stores’, all customers will skip the queues and instead join a virtual system, receiving a text when an advisor is ready to assist them in a personal one to one appointment.
NHS and Care Workers who show their ID badges will also be given VIP access to skip the queue to speak to an advisor in store.
O2’s store team spent the first phase of lockdown working with experts to redesign its stores to keep them safe for customers when they were able to reopen. Through a series of trials, the team addressed problems including small shop space and face to face customer service, creating a more personal appointment system.
O2 has also used tech to help thousands of UK SMBs to keep trading during lockdown, with video consultation services and tools for remote working.
14 O2 stores across Scotland will open on 29 June, the full list is below:
Aberdeen – Union St
Edinburgh Princes St (x 2)
Glasgow Buchanan Street
Glasgow the Fort
Gareth Turpin, Sales, Service and Retention Director, O2, said: “Retail has changed in the wake of COVID-19, and we need to make sure we adapt to that change. We have regrouped and worked out how our stores and our tech can be used to help customers and staff. The result is a more personal service which also saves customer waiting time. We look forward to welcoming everyone back to our stores to see the changes for themselves.”
As a result of the trials, and in line with government guidelines, the following process will be in place in stores:
- Social distancing measures throughout each store, with clear two metre floor markings
- Personalised service with a limit on the number of customers in-store at any one time
- Appointment system to make sure customers are not held in unnecessary queues or kept waiting
- Contactless payment limit has been increased to £45 with email receipts.
- All employees will be equipped with the appropriate PPE, including gloves and face coverings
- Screens at all open service areas
- Enhanced cleaning processes across stores with all product displays, furniture and chairs to be sanitised after every customer
O2 took the decision to close retail stores ahead of government guidance on 24 March. O2 stores in England and Northern Ireland have already reopened with O2’s retail locations in Wales due to reopen on 22 June.
For information on store locations and opening hours please visit www.o2.co.uk/storelocator.
For further information about wider measures that O2 has put in place to help customers during this period visit https://www.o2.co.uk/covid-19.