O2 Refresh - Our new Pay Monthly tariff

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi guys,

Today, we're pleased to unleash, our new Pay Monthly tariff that lets you get a new phone whenever you like and gets cheaper if you keep your phone past the end of your contract too.

The mobile phone industry has grown rapidly over the last few years and we understand, many customers want to get their hands on new smartphones as and when they release. O2 Refresh allows you do that.

O2 Refresh will be available in-stores nationwide from 16th April. It offers complete transparency and flexibility for you to decide what works best for you. 

Check out The Blue for more info and let us know your thoughts or any Q's you may have.

Thanks, Abs

o2 refresh

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if you can get the airtime plan without a phone ie sim only as it seems a better deal?

Message 21 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No no no, I can't see them doing that as it being sold as a complete deal.

The prices for the airtime plan are a bit lower, I guess it might come later if the scheme goes well though.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 22 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 really should allow existing customers to pay off the price of their phone on their existing contract and waive the airtime fees on condition that they upgrade to the new refresh contract and tie themselves in for another 2 years. I'm sure they would see a lot of old customers making new contracts.

I'd even be willing to pay a (Reduced) contract cancellation fee for the remaining months of the contract.

For example:

I want to buy the new refresh contract.

On my current contract I'm billed £30 a month (£15 is for the phone and the other £15 is for airtime) and I have 10 months left on my contract in which I owe £150 for the phone and the other £150 is airtime. I'd be happy if O2 said I could cancel this contract, pay off the £150 for the phone and then pay a fee (for example 1/3 of the remaining airtime price) of £50.

O2 would guarantee my custom for another 24 months, make £50 of airtime that they're not even going to be giving me and I would be free of my old contract and happily placed on the new O2 Refresh scheme.

Just an idea O2, It would be welcomed by your loyal customers wink

Message 23 of 26

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

But then what do you define as a "loyal customer"? There are many, and we see them pop up here on the forum, whose definition is a couple of years whereas myself I'd see loyalty as being 5+ years.

And the regulars will tell you, loyalty means nothing these days to a company: its how much you are making a profit for them so don't worry about leaving if you have a better deal.

Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

But then what do you define as a "loyal customer"? There are many, and we see them pop up here on the forum, whose definition is a couple of years whereas myself I'd see loyalty as being 5+ years.

And the regulars will tell you, loyalty means nothing these days to a company: its how much you are making a profit for them so don't worry about leaving if you have a better deal.

Couldn't agree more. Loyality is a one way street nowadays. Always go for the best deal you can get. As with all new deals, midterm deals aren't available to existing loyal customers. Always go with the best network and deal availsble.

Message 25 of 26

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
There is no Refresh sim-only deal.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 26 of 26