Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Level 2: Apprentice

Re: O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

"Where is your backup plan and process for having no mobile service? Landline???"

The engineers working for my business are mobile workers and rely on their phones to receive their jobs. Not all of the sites they visit have WiFi. Please enlighten me on how they are supposed to use a landline to receive their jobs?
Level 20: Radiant

[ Edited ]

Read the Ericsson report, and was going to post, but beaten to it. 

An expired certificate, now that has been the undoing of many a company, and good to see Ericsson owning up to the issue, and acknlowedging that they have dropped the ball. 

Having decommsioned many IT services, i can tell you there is always something you dont expect to happen that happens, or something interlinked that no one knows about until it goes ****** up, and falls over. 

I think the back office engineers who keep the lights on at o2 and keep the network going will need a well deserved large drink, as do the CS staff taking [Removed] off customers who want to rant for the sake of it...

--

Samsung S10 128Gb, BlackBerry Key2, Note 8, Nokia 8110 (New), iPad Pro

Im just an IT Geek, into all things Messaging and Collaboration, and Mobile and Hardware :-)

My desk is a cross between Microsoft and PC World

I DONT WORK FOR O2 but am a G33K
MW
Level 1: Joiner

No data and not registered on network. Shambles think it’s time to change provider.

Level 20: Radiant

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Read the Ericsson report, and was going to post, but beaten to it. 

An expired certificate, now that has been the undoing of many a company, and good to see Ericsson owning up to the issue, and acknlowedging that they have dropped the ball. 

Having decommsioned many IT services, i can tell you there is always something you dont expect to happen that happens, or something interlinked that no one knows about until it goes ****** up, and falls over. 

I think the back office engineers who keep the lights on at o2 and keep the network going will need a well deserved large drink, as do the CS staff taking BS off customers who want to rant for the sake of it...

Absolutely ~ they are ordinary people taking extra-ordinary "Stick" well done to all.

Level 6: Acolyte

The Tesco network has gone down now in my area(Romford) was OK could make a phone call and a text, no data since this morning though
Level 39: Midshipman

That link to the ericsson press release is interesting.
Critical node required a software update?
Someone gonna get a shoe-in for missing that!
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

Emergency calls only again.

Update on software issues from Ericsson does not really provide much information and seems to be playing the issue down "network disturbances for a limited number of customers".  An expired certificate does not take 11 hours to replace, then faulty software is being decommissioned, but how did this end up on the SGSN's in the first place?  Guess we will have to see once RCA is complete.  Will be interesting to see if they release to public.

How are they supposed to receive the text if they aren't receiving any texts?

Level 2: Apprentice

"I think the back office engineers who keep the lights on at o2 and keep the network going will need a well deserved large drink, as do the CS staff taking BS off customers who want to rant for the sake of it.."

They aren't keeping it running. THE NETWORK IS NOT RUNNING. 

Topics: 539

@MW wrote:

No data and not registered on network. Shambles think it’s time to change provider.

Wow, doesn't take much. Make sure your new network has good coverage and zero issues in the next two years. Oh, wait....?