Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous

I think the DWP will accept non contact if on O2.

Everyone was aware there was a national outage on Dec 6th.

Of course they might query if you had access to a PC or another phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 681 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

O2 will look at each action on an individual set of circumstances. As well as a complaint through the normal channels as a first step, perhaps a letter sent registered mail laying out personal loss and then depending on the reply from O2, a customer needs to decide on their next step, be it civil action or small claims court. I would personally seek advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

how to make a complaint

You can raise your complaint using their simple online process, and we’ll work with them to resolve it for you, as quickly as possible.

To find out more about the way Resolver work and what they can help with, or to contact them, visit the Resolver website.

Correspondence address ::

O2 Correspondence Team
PO BOX 694
Winchester
SO235AP

Message 682 of 715

Su
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They still have not contacted me. How do we apply for the compensation, 

they were quick enough to let me go over my package one month by £20. but not as quick at sorting this out. 

Im not happy. 

Message 683 of 715

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

They won't contact you. Two days air time will be added to your next bill or 10% extra if you are P&G next top up.

Message 684 of 715

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think we were told it was January's bill?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 685 of 715

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Yes of course. quite right. I keep wishing it was January already upside_down

I've already had my December bill....

Message 686 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard that a lot O2 customers who rely on their devices for internet access were unable to access their UNIVERSAL CREDIT ACCOUNT.  If they have been mandated by the jobcentre to login into their accounts daily or in some cases 2-3 times daily, this would leadtoa sanction or sanctions for faliure. Will O2 now be open to Civil Action or a Class Action to getthis money refunded. In somecase where rent is involved this loss could be catastrpohic Any Views ??

They could have used any wifi hotpsot or a library computer, or there broadband to access it... Im sure as well the DWP will be sympathetic to the loss of service .. 

People should not be reliant on any mobile service for anything critical...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 687 of 715

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Of course, they could also visit the job centre which would also count as "logging in"
Message 688 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of Course. But this is the DWP  Don't Want (To) Pay 

Message 689 of 715

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Of Course. But this is the DWP  Don't Want (To) Pay