Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Wolfie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
After the disaster of o2 not having a working network yesterday which meant I couldn't contact my ex who is due to give birth to our child any day I phoned to complain about these issues. I called at 8.20am today. At the time of typing this I have now been on hold for 2 hours 55 minutes it then just cut off and died! Originally I was calling to see if i could get my bill reduced but now after this poor customer service's I will be looking at finding a way to leave o2 and move to there main rival EE.

This has been a total disgrace and so poorly handled. I am totally disgusted with the lack of information they gave us as customers for what was happening and the several failure of any form of customers services.
Message 601 of 715

Wolfie
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know the information was on the forum but with out data or even the ability to make phone calls on either of my two plans how would I check the forum?
Message 602 of 715

RobDee
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So, I was hearing yesterday that O2 were giving customers £75 compensation and then stopped.. if this is now the official compensation being offered will those customers who were offered £75 yesterday still be receiving that? If so then doesn't seem right to do that and then put this out as the official compensation.

I lost a job yesterday not because of data, but due to having emergency calls only for a good part of the day. It is not good enough.
Message 603 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@RobDee wrote:
So, I was hearing yesterday that O2 were giving customers £75 compensation and then stopped.. if this is now the official compensation being offered will those customers who were offered £75 yesterday still be receiving that? If so then doesn't seem right to do that and then put this out as the official compensation.

I lost a job yesterday not because of data, but due to having emergency calls only for a good part of the day. It is not good enough.

No one will get £75. That was a rumour started on FB

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 604 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let’s see if I get this wright, people now forgot how to connect to WiFi, use a pay phone, use a tablet/computer or even talk to people?
If someone had to claim the Euro millions by call, they would walk miles or even go naked for it.
Just excuses and more excuses, yes, network was down but that wasn’t a lack of Oxygen, water or food, calm down everyone.
Things can go wrong and they managed to keep us informed and they fixed it.
Is everyone here perfect?
#firstworldproblems
Message 605 of 715

Junglegeorge83
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi O2, know the way u r planning on refunding customers 2 days of their plan back, any chance you can give customers the chance to donate it directly to a charity? If even 10percent of people agree, there could be a sizeable donation given and collected for local charities. For mine, can you give it to Cat Zero charity in Hull please? To be fair, losing data was an inconveince, but no one died and definitely not as painful as normal life for many homeless and people who are struggling with illness, or unemployed etc, there is a lot of good people in Britain, so please vote for this and get it moving!! I have no social media so if anyone has a lot of followers,please help kick this post and try make it go viral. Merry Christmas to All!
Message 606 of 715

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

Great idea @Junglegeorge83

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 607 of 715

SteveoR
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Had my thread locked so I will post here

Missed sons birth

I missed the birth of my son due to her, the hospital and family not being able to get in touch with me all day.

I am not happy, those are precious hours in which I will never get back
Message 608 of 715

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

That's quite sad but I suppose there are many such personal issues caused by the outage.

Message 609 of 715

Betablue
Level 4: Observant
  • 57 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Junglegeorge83 if that possible I'm in. I doubt if O2 would feel like they could drive this but its a cool idea, well said
Message 610 of 715